More threads by Steven12

Steven12

Reaction score
Recently I've been researching "Plus Codes". There is not a whole lot of information out there. I was wanting to see what my fellow SEO peeps were thinking about this topic. I don't believe it's just a short version of Longitude & Latitude. Furthermore, they can be found in Knowledge Panel's on local businesses even when they have an address. So, I'm not buying the new address for people without street addresses. I can't put my finger on it. Please, Help figure this out! It may be like Schema markup and help you rank higher by speaking their language. I'm not sure. I don't know. Maybe the earth is flat and they need a new system. lol Help would be cool...

On one hand, Google loves its own products, and there may be some benefit to using the plus codes for local search. On the other, I think any exploitation will get it nixed pretty quickly. Just following to see if anyone does any tests ;)

Nothing exciting to really know about them. They map the physical location of the address so I have seen some cases where there is discrepancies between what's listed in the address and what's listed in the plus code which can signal that there is something wrong on the backend that needs fixing.

@Steven12
My first thoughts on them was it was googles answer to companies like

what3words | Addressing the world which was designed to map the currently unmapped and google my felt they missed trick and they were remedying the situation

Think it may start playing a role within Android Automotive and android auto as well

It will certainly be interesting to see tho

good to see that they can be used for analysis of issues to , thanks @JoyHawkins

Nothing exciting to really know about them. They map the physical location of the address so I have seen some cases where there is discrepancies between what's listed in the address and what's listed in the plus code which can signal that there is something wrong on the backend that needs fixing.

How do you match them up?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom