More threads by aputtock

Reaction score
Hey all,

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong thread, but I have a scenario to present that comes up fairly often:

A client has provided us with their home address for online marketing due to Google's policies regarding PO boxes.

In reality, their registration documents, mailing address, and official paperwork is all linked to the PO Box.

We do advise clients to update their official documentation with their marketing address, but some clients just don't want to put their home address out there.

The most common reason for this that I see is that state licensing bodies often expose the home address on a publicly available website, and clients view that as a security issue (and rightly so!).

We often submit clients to aggregators. It's my understanding if the businesses' government documents have a different address, that address will keep re-appearing, despite our best efforts.

How bad is a situation like this for NAP Consistency?

Any pointers?

Thanks community! :)

It's totally fine for the business license to use a PO Box. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom