Postcards not arriving

Tiggerito

Forum Member
Hi,

I work for a franchise business that has over 600 franchisees with service area businesses around Australia. And I'm really struggling to get their local businesses verified.

The only verification method offered to us is via the postcard. In the last few months we requested postcards for about 30 of the businesses and chased up with each franchisee to make sure they look out for the postcard. Not one was found. For some franchisees we re-sent several times and they were definitely on the ball looking for the postcard. And nothing.

I contacted Google support, they did the usual suggestions and I explained they were not an option. e.g. bulk verification (not available for SABs). They even suggested sending in videos at some point, again meaningless if there is no store front. And they finally replied that we had to request the postcard!!!!!

Has anyone gone through this, and found a solution?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Is this something that just started happening recently ? In the past were the postcards arriving?

Tiggerito

Forum Member
I personally managed verification in 2016 and managed to get about 10 verified with no known issue besides the usual amount of lost postcards.

In 2018 I managed to get an employee assigned to the job. They first created all the listings, and from December they started requesting postcards. Since then not one postcard has been seen.

The franchisees are getting a bit frustrated with this and have started setting up their own listings and requesting the postcard. They seem to work fine.

I'd rather not put the extra work onto the franchisees, as they make mistakes. And most are not active enough to get involved beyond looking out for a postcard.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Ugh, I'm afraid that the only solution to this is to deal with Google My Business support. Not sure if you were dealing with the call center but I'd suggest using Twitter instead. You can tweet to them at @googlemybiz or message them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GoogleMyBusiness/. Usually they respond in 1-5 business days.

Tiggerito

Forum Member
Trying the tweeting angle. I think I may also start a new account and test a request via that. I have the feeling that all the locations on our main account have an issue.

Thanks.