More threads by Stone

Stone

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, If not if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

I was reading an article Joy wrote titled “When should a business hide their address”? I’m wondering how this scenario relates to real estate agents? Say I work for Century 21 in Seattle but live in Medina, a suburb, with a population of only 3500 people. I look for listings and sell properties in Medina (local expert) for my C21 office.

As a realtor I have the GMB status of a practitioner which is a nice gift. What would be the best tactic(s) to take to optimize GMB for myself or any realtor in a similar situation and not exceed the bounds of GMB?

Should I submit a GMB listing (hiding my home address) to gain exposure in Medina? If I do this, should I submit the GMB listing under my alone or as me and C21? Or, should I submit a GMB listing in Seattle under my C21 office (where I'm sure I'd get lost with the 1000's of realtors there). Or, as a practitioner, can I do both? Obviously I want to maximize my practitioner status with GMB but want to do it right. Thanks everyone!

Hi @Stone You can set it up at your residential address and hide the address. You can't create two listings, so that isn't an option. As far as the name goes, the guidelines state : "The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization. "

Hi Colan ... thank you for the reply. So what you're saying is that I could submit a GMB listing for the town I live in as an individual real estate agent but could not submit one with the company name in the office city if I did that and vice versa? If I decided on the option of submitting my home address, I'm assuming I can only do so with my name only and never mention Century 21?

Correct. You can't create multiple listings. According to the guidelines it should only be your name. However, I personally think that is a stupid rule and doesn't make real world sense to only list the name.

I guess I'll have to weigh the value of doing one over the other. If I do the home address I guess any exposure will have to come from organic. If I do a practitioner listing at the office location I'll just be one of thousands in the city and probably rendered invisible. Thanks again Colan for your insight.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom