More threads by Brian

Brian

Reaction score
I received a call from an attorney client yesterday saying he was getting calls on his private mobile phone from people that found his number on the web. When I looked up his office in Google the Google plus listing was showing his private mobile number. So I logged into his places account and noticed that the main phone number was listed correctly (not the private Mobile number). However, in the mobile number field, his private mobile number was listed. I deleted the private mobile number. However, as of today the listing is still showing the private mobile number. Help!

Hi Brian,

It can take some time for the edit to reflect live on the listing. To try and speed up the process, submit an edit with Report a Problem/Edit Business Details. Those edits can be approved in as little as a few minutes if an RER or Google employee gets to it fast enough. Sometimes edit reviewers will call the number before they review it. So make sure that your client doesn't answer the phone with the business name or they won't remove the number.

Make sure that the number isn't listed on any 3rd party sites so that Google won't pick it up again.

Hi Brian,

It can take some time for the edit to reflect live on the listing. To try and speed up the process, submit an edit with Report a Problem/Edit Business Details. Those edits can be approved in as little as a few minutes if an RER or Google employee gets to it fast enough. Sometimes edit reviewers will call the number before they review it. So make sure that your client doesn't answer the phone with the business name or they won't remove the number.

Make sure that the number isn't listed on any 3rd party sites so that Google won't pick it up again.

Thanks Colan for the quick response. To submit an edit with Report a Problem/Edit Business Detail, do I log into places? I cannot see the report a problem link there. Or should I report it through the maps interface?

The Report A Problem feature is a link that is directly on the G+ Local page itself.

Sorry Brian I had to be offline today, but if I'd been here when you 1st posted I would have suggested using the new phone support option and support could have fixed it right over the phone. But that option is only available during business hours so it's too late now. But you could do it Monday AM if it's not fixed by then.

Sorry Brian I had to be offline today, but if I'd been here when you 1st posted I would have suggested using the new phone support option and support could have fixed it right over the phone. But that option is only available during business hours so it's too late now. But you could do it Monday AM if it's not fixed by then.

I used the phone option and it worked really well. Amazing. What an innovative concept. Using the telephone to help people with their support issues. Those people at Google really have it together. LOL

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom