More threads by Dillon Brickhouse

Reaction score
Hi all,

We were checking some keywords this afternoon and came across something puzzling. For the query "Las Vegas Breast Augmentation" the three pack looks like this:

lvbreastaug1.png

Positions 1 and 2 make perfect sense, but position 3 is rather wacky. As you can see, Dr. Stuart Linder is not in Las Vegas. He's actually in Beverly Hills, CA. The website isn't ranking organically, just in the local pack. Now in case you were wondering, the distance from Vegas to Beverly hills is 282.7 miles. I don't think that's relevant. Even more puzzling is what happens when you click into the local pack:

lvbreastaug2.jpg

Only four plastic surgeon results in all of Las Vegas? No. Definitely not. I've seen the rare situation where the local pack is shifted, maybe even to a suburb, but never this extreme.

Any thoughts?

lvbreastaug1.png

lvbreastaug2.jpg

That's pretty extreme Dillon. I'll try to take a closer look later if I can.

Curious why that guy got picked so far away AND with so many other cos surgeons in Bev Hills.

I see similar results from time to time. Usually it's because relevant businesses in the area do not give good local signals.
0d608d1fdaf448338f0f67640c915d86.png

I don't think it's the case with the Vegas listing though.

0d608d1fdaf448338f0f67640c915d86.png

Dr. Linder does have a location in Las Vegas along with a website but why would his Beverly Hills location get pulled up?

Wow it's been a while since I've seen one of these. Something is messed up with the listing which is probably attaching the data for his Las Vegas office somehow to this one. I can report it to Google.

@alakov - I think with your example it's so wide-spread because there aren't many listings using the "loan agency" category so it causes Google to zoom the map out.

Hi All!

Sorry this is all my doing :)

Dr. Linder had a verified Las Vegas business listing but he's not located in LV (only Beverly Hills). I reported this to Mike from @GoogleMyBiz & he marked Dr. Linder's Vegas listing as "moved." That is why his Beverly Hills listing is showing up instead of the Vegas listing. FYI, the website link on Dr. Linder's verified LV listing does not list any Vegas addresses.

I asked Mike about Dr. Linder's BH listing still showing up in the map pack and this was his response:
"I confirmed that Dr. Linder no longer has an active business listing in Las Vegas. The listing should drop off over time as it loses relevancy. It may still be appearing in search results for a short time if other non-Google listings and data sources are still giving the business presence in Las Vegas."

Joy, the Las Vegas address listed on Dr. Linder's other website is actually forDesert Dermatology & they have no clue who Dr. Linder is. Some shady business going on here.

Hopefully I was able to shed some light on this situation!

@JoyHawkins,

There is City Financial in Woodstock with this category. Sometimes, Google also shows BMO (Woodstock) in the 3 pack. But more often than not Google tries to be very specific and find loan and car related listings and shows different listings from all over Ontario (this 3 pack is very unstable, with an exception of Woodstock Hyundai, which makes sense).

Dr. Linder had a verified Las Vegas business listing but he's not located in LV (only Beverly Hills). I reported this to Mike from @GoogleMyBiz & he marked Dr. Linder's Vegas listing as "moved." That is why his Beverly Hills listing is showing up instead of the Vegas listing. FYI, the website link on Dr. Linder's verified LV listing does not list any Vegas addresses.

But he used to be in Vegas right? Still lots of Vegas content on the site. Not saying he should be ranking in BH, just an observation.

There is City Financial in Woodstock with this category. Sometimes, Google also shows BMO (Woodstock) in the 3 pack. But more often than not Google tries to be very specific and find loan and car related listings and shows different listings from all over Ontario (this 3 pack is very unstable, with an exception of Woodstock Hyundai, which makes sense).

I'm not surprised that City Financial didn't make it into the pack. Their site looks extremely dated and they don't even have location pages for their branches :eek:

Rachel,

So does he not know who owns this site then? It has his name on both locations: Breast Implants Las Vegas | Stuart A. Linder, M.D.

Joy,

Sorry, who? Mike?

I don't think anyone looked into who owns the websites...yet :) It appears that:

breastimplantlasvegas.com

• Registrant = PlasticSurgery.com
    Registrar = TIERRANET INC. D/B/A DOMAINDISCOVER
    Hosted & Designed by PLASTIC SURGERY STUDIOS

drlinder.com

• Registrant = PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
    Registrar = REGISTER.COM, INC.
    Design by PLASTIC SURGERY STUDIOS (most likely hosted by PSS as well)

Is this what you meant?

Sorry no I meant the business owner. Is that not his site? His name is plastered all over it.

OH, yeah I would assume so! I have not reached out to Dr. Linder about any of this. I couldn't tell you if Mike has or not...I know he does his own research before approving changes but I don't know what it entails, sorry!!

We reached out to Desert Dermatology who is located in the same suite and they had never heard of Dr. Linder before.

But he used to be in Vegas right? Still lots of Vegas content on the site. Not saying he should be ranking in BH, just an observation.

Hey Linda!

I came across a press release from a few years back saying that Dr. Linder started seeing patients for consultation only in Las Vegas on a need only basis. Not sure if he ever permanently opened an office & saw patients on a regular basis there to warrant a Google listing. It is odd that Desert Dermatology, who apparently shares a suite with him in Vegas, does not know who is is though...

Wow, Rachel. Thanks for solving the mystery for us. Very interesting that having Mike move the location had such a strong effect. Never a dull moment!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom