Ranking Question Follow Up

MKubot

I just finished listening to this "Office Hour" with @JoyHawkins > Google My Business Ranking Factors for 2020

A few outstanding questions for the forum:

1. Very interesting the downplaying of GMB posts. On the other hand, it was also mentioned that long-tail keywords show a 3-pack more often now. Do GMB posts help with long-tail keyword searches? (EX: A GMB post about "options for cocaine rehab with blue cross insurance" and a search "Blue cross cocaine rehab" - would that GMB post help rankings for that long-tail search? If it could, isn't that something you could build a strategy around since you need a lot less content in a GMB post than a blog post?).

2. What about hours? It seems like Google is associating 24/7 with spam. Do hours have an impact (positive or negative)? We have someone answer the phones 24/7, but the core staff is only there until 11PM. Wondering if changing from 24/7 would actually help since we're in a very spammy industry?

3. Can other locations in the same account negatively impact another listing? (Ex: a listing in NJ was flagged for spam. Or, a NJ listing that ranks very low. Could that impact a listing in PA that's in the same account?)

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
1. I haven't yet seen a case where posts impacted ranking but if you already rank for that term, adding a post can get you that post highlight.

2. Having your hours set as 24/7 can have an impact on Google reinstating the listing if it gets suspended.

3. No, I've never seen anything about an account get factored into ranking.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert