More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi All

Curious to get your thoughts. I think there is something to be gleaned from this ranking information for one of my clients in Indianapolis.

in the clients home zip ode, the client ranks better for search terms like "personal injury lawyer indiana" and "Personal injury lawyer indianapolis" than for terms like "personal injury lawyer near me".

I'm trying to figure out of there is anything to take away from it. I think that maybe this could mean that this client is actually optimized kind of ok, given that they show up for search terms of a wider geographic area, than they do for the more narrow (but more broadly defined) term.

what do you think?

Sounds like your client's page might be emphasizing the city name more than the competition, or the inverse, and the competition have "near me" optimized pages.

Interesting hypothesis! Thanks for your thoughts.

My client doesnt have a near me page. . . so maybe that's it. . . though, they also do an OK job of merchandising the city/state, so, that could be it too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom