More threads by cinemafunk

Reaction score
We have a new client that has moved to different address several times in the past years, and their previous SEO firm did not keep up with their local directory and review site listings, and the login credentials for many of these accounts are missing or wrong.

They have several Google+ and Google local pages, and none have merged into a place page yet. They only have two locations, so this isn't a massive overhaul.

Before we start working to re-claim them, we want to be sure we’re doing this right, primarily because their main location’s google+ page has 30+ reviews for a 4.9 total. That high rating is imperative, so we really want to be sure that we do this right.

What does everyone suggest?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi cinemafunk,

Welcome and thanks for posting.

Really too complicated to answer with the general info you provided. Way more complicated on several levels than you may realize.

If you care to share links to the G+ L pages we can take a look and try to give you a more educated answer.

Please read details here: http://localsearchforum.catalystema...es-help-support-forum-please-read-before.html

Then if you are OK with it, give us the details I request in that thread and I'll move this to the help and support forum.

Linda,

I apologize about my poor original post, and I admit I did not read the rules first. I have since taken the time with my partner to ensure we have all the necessary information and the problem nailed down using the form in the link you provided:

LINK to G+ Local OR if it's missing, link to web site::
https://plus.google.com/112923572584190342854/posts
https://plus.google.com/104275666234588226695/posts
https://plus.google.com/111561214602305952094/posts
https://plus.google.com/114214010744029022092/about

Name, address, phone (as listed in dashboard):
I?ve split this up with the correct addresses and the previous addresses. I?ve also provided the screenshots for each of the Business Places dashboards as well.

Correct Addresses
Riverview, FL (Headquarters)
12902 U.S. 301 South, Suite C
Riverview, Florida 33578

Tampa, FL
1101 Channelside Drive, Suite 311
Tampa, Florida 33602

Previous Addresses
7011 Nundy Avenue
Gibsonton, FL 33568

211 Southshore Crest Drive
Tampa, FL 33609

12201 Shelby Drive
Riverview, FL 33579

Verification date:
None
Problem:
Our new client has moved several times in the last three years, and their previous SEO firm did not keep up with the changes on their review and local directory sites, especially Google. The company officially has two locations, one in Riverview, FL, and one in Tampa, FL.

Currently, there are three 3 Google+ Pages, 1 Local page, and one Local Google + Page pending verification. These pages are spread across two different gmail accounts that we now have access to and have created managers for all necessary personnel.

One of the accounts has the old Google Places Business dashboard, which shows two locations that are pending verification postcards for their new addresses. The other account shows the new Places Business dashboard with two separate pages pending verification PIN. (Screenshots attached)

That last Google+ page link has a 4.9 rating from 30 reviews, and we absolutely want to keep that rating intact. We do need to change the address, but I understand that if we change the address on a Google+ page, it will either update that address (with possible verification) or create a new one entirely. We do not want Google to create a new page entirely so we can keep those superlative ratings.

So it?s quite the quagmire in trying to get these pages under control. Our real goal is to have legitimate Local and +Pages for each of the locations without losing any of the awesome ratings our client has earned. Once we have our pages set, we have no issues having the other pages deleted.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this complicated issue? Please let me know if you require additional information that I may have passed over.

bezmoving.jpg

brotherezmoving.jpg

Even though only 2 locations this is infinitely more complicated than you realize and there may possibly be some misconceptions. Plus the info is confusing because I don't know which old address goes with which listing and don't really what bearing that has, since there is only one Place page based on the links you provided, so think I'm missing something.

"Before we start working to re-claim them"

You can no longer reclaim listings that have already been claimed.

"because their main location’s google+ page has 30+ reviews"

The one with reviews is not a G+ page. It's a Place page and has been verified. It looks like it might be the one that's in the screenshot of the new dash. If it's already claimed in that dash, I'm curious why are we talking about reclaiming???

But since those dashboards all show listings that are awaiting verification or pending, it's possible that one is claimed in another account?

The other ones (in your links above) are all G+ pages so totally different issue. (Don't rank or have ability for reviews so likely won't be found by potential customers.) So I recommend you forget those for now and focus on getting the Place pages squared away 1st. (You can just delete the old G+ pages that have bad addresses.)

"That last Google+ page link has a 4.9 rating from 30 reviews, and we absolutely want to keep that rating intact. We do need to change the address, but I understand that if we change the address on a Google+ page, it will either update that address (with possible verification) or create a new one entirely. We do not want Google to create a new page entirely so we can keep those superlative ratings."

You need to change address. And yes Google may create new listing and close old one. No way around that. BUT if reviews are lost there is a new option to request Google to move the reviews.

This is really complicated enough that I don't think you'll get all the answers in a forum. To many unanswered questions for me to say much more. If I were to do consulting on this, I'd want to log into both dashboards, check things out more, ask a bunch more questions and do more research before advising.

But with the limited time I have for free support on the forum and just the quick peek I did with no deep research I say find the account that verified the one with 30 reviews. Change address. Watch for Google to create new page. IF she does and reviews don't transfer ask for them to be moved.

Delete the G+ pages that are at old addresses.

The other location if you are sure there is no Place page yet create one. OR if one in one of the dashes below is correct NAP, just verify it.

Sorry that's about all the time I have for this one. Buried on a big project I need to work on for the next week. But I hope that helped.

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it. I'll update this thread on this process in hope it helps others in the future.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom