Refining the Process of gathering Local information

Hi All,

I wanted to get some opinions/advice/suggestions on a form I've been working on to improve the process of gathering all business information for a Local Business.

I referred to Casey Meraz's "How to Perform the Ultimate Local SEO Audit" for a majority of the form. In the past I have used excel sheets but find that my clients have a hard time navigating in Excel Hell.

Again, please feel free to offer your suggestions from a Local SEO point of view and as a User.

You'll notice that when you get to the category section that this specific form is modified for a Mortgage Company.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fU69b-fYLQi8MKdJ86lvvES_QURPV3aWu4ufKL-lvtY/viewform

bczubiak

Forum Member
I started out using Google Docs and then sharing them with my clients. It worked out pretty well until I got over 15 clients. At that point it was pretty tough to find the data I needed quickly.

We started working on our own custom app a few years ago to manage our clients, directory claiming and a host of all the other services we provide. Clients can log into it and see what we are working on.

I guess it depends on really how big you want to get so you can figure how how to scale properly.

steven

Forum Member
I think you did a great job, Amber, and I'll probably borrow your idea, too... I don't have advice or suggestions, just that it looks good to me...

Linda Buquet

OoLaLa! I like the layout of that form Amber. Great job and thanks for sharing!

I think Phil has a new client form too. Might want to check it out and see if he asks anything you want to add to yours.

But I agree with the Excel hell comment - so this is great!

TonyIsSocial

Forum Member
Did you find some new helpful info on this Amber?

There's lots of resources for questionnaires for local SEO:
https://www.google.com/search?q=local+seo+questionnaire

Phil Rozek's is the one I plagiarized the most when I created mine.
The Best Darn Local SEO Client Questionnaire | LocalVisibilitySystem.com

I used the Gravity Forms plugin for WordPress on a landing page.
Welcome Aboard - Cartography Marketing | A Clearwater, FL Local SEO Company
Anchors Aweigh Questionnaire - Cartography Marketing | A Clearwater, FL Local SEO Company

(they're a very rough draft and haven't had much usage)

Thanks, Steven & Linda for the compliments!

I am just now getting a chance to look at Phil's questionnaire but so far it looks like there are some great additions I can make to the form.

Tony - thanks for the feedback and those links! The Gravity Forms plugin looks interesting and seems to be very user-friendly! I really love the intro on the Welcome-Aboard page - "If you haven't had coffee yet, now is the time to grab some." :p

Have you always used the Gravity Forms?

ToddB

Inactive
+1 for Gravity forms.

That's the one Wordpress plugin i wouldn't want to live without. Not sure how much of the capabilities are available in other contact form plugins as this is the only one I tried.

But you can do a lot with it. From coding up the entries to turn everything into the proper schema markup to setting this up with zapier (my favorite part, I imagine you can do this with google forms too).

Someone submits a form and it feeds right through our project management portal - creates a project, builds out our starter citation spreadaheet and so much more.

steven

Forum Member
Another gravity form user here. Bought the developers license. Like it more than any others I tried...

Nice catch on the Zapier thing. I use podio, so that can go straight into there. sweet...

Thanks, y'all!! Definitely want to give it a try.

One question - Is the Gravity Forms easy for me to edit or would I need our developers help?

ToddB

Inactive
It's pretty easy. All the input types are already created. Just a matter of selecting the right one, labeling it and defining if it's required or not.

TonyIsSocial

Forum Member
Have you tried it out yet?

If not, it's a drag and drop interface to build the form and then you insert a shortcode where you want it to appear on the site.

If you're not savvy with HTML and CSS, it mostly inherits the styling (fonts and such) of the site.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group