More threads by Chaddow

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Long time reader first time poster on the forum

I have learnt a lot from reading this site over the last 18 months pleper.com and grade.us being a great help in my local search endeavours.

However there is a problem that has got me completely stumped and I was looking for some help in resolving it if it is at all possible.

Basically I am working with a hotel chain with locations around the world and this is managed by a number of GMB accounts one covering each continent of the world. After alot of work all are verified and duplicates has been merged were necessary.

However a few weeks ago I got a call from the client saying that one of the hotels in Europe was to shut for good, with this information I went into GMB and marked the location as closed and the pages relating to that hotel were redirected

So now when you search for the closed hotel in question you see the GMB profile with the red banner across it. I thought this was fine

However now the client has got back in touch asking to removed the KG all together to just leave white space

I am not even sure if this is possible as I have read the articles from Joy and others on how to move and relocate businesses in map maker and through support. but I not sure if this is the same issue

I contacted GMB support and they said to remove the hotel from my dashboard and send an email to map maker saying this location was incorrect I have done this but nothing has changed

Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Callum

However now the client has got back in touch asking to removed the KG all together to just leave white space

I am not even sure if this is possible as I have read the articles from Joy and others on how to move and relocate businesses in map maker and through support. but I not sure if this is the same issue

I contacted GMB support and they said to remove the hotel from my dashboard and send an email to map maker saying this location was incorrect I have done this but nothing has changed

Hi Callum,

Glad you joined us. You'll get a lot more out of the forum as a member instead of just a lurker. :p

That seems like odd advice. In the past Google would not delete a listing if it was at one time a viable location. They wanted a record of it, but marked closed.

It seems one of our experts Joy has gotten these removed before.
Let's see if she stops by with some advice for you.

Hey Callum,

Unfortunately it is not possible to get the knowledge panel to disappear. If the hotel rebranded or moved, then there is something you can do. If it simply shut down, Google keeps the info as it helps users who might be looking and wondering what happened to the hotel.

Hi Joy and Linda

Thanks alot for your insight I feared that this might be the answer to this as google can't just get rid of information that it can use for its machine learning projects

Anyway good to know in the future

Thanks again for all your help

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom