Renesent Reviews - Anyone Familiar With These Guys?

gill

A couple of my clients received calls this week from a company called Renesent.

Their lead-in pitch is that they remove bad reviews by removing the reviewer account which, in turn, removes the review itself. According to their sales guys, their software finds inconsistencies in user profiles (be it name/photo/etc) and then reports them to the platform as "spam". They claim that under the FTC guidelines, the platforms must remove these accounts promptly. They claim high 90% success rate in such removals.

All in all, this is your typical reputation management platform that monitors reviews, ranking, GMB, citations as well as helps with review collection, etc.

Cost varies, one client was offered a "deal" at $595 (after $400) off while another got the same offer at $395.

Have you heard of this company and/or this method to tackle review removal?

keyserholiday

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
There are a lot of companies offering review removal services. I have spoken with several of these vendors and providers and found that they promise a lot more than they can deliver. I have been pitched review removal after getting a negative review on Yelp. As long as you properly counsel your clients, I wouldn't worry about it.

Lucas

A couple of my clients received calls this week from a company called Renesent.

Their lead-in pitch is that they remove bad reviews by removing the reviewer account which, in turn, removes the review itself. According to their sales guys, their software finds inconsistencies in user profiles (be it name/photo/etc) and then reports them to the platform as "spam". They claim that under the FTC guidelines, the platforms must remove these accounts promptly. They claim high 90% success rate in such removals.

All in all, this is your typical reputation management platform that monitors reviews, ranking, GMB, citations as well as helps with review collection, etc.

Cost varies, one client was offered a "deal" at $595 (after $400) off while another got the same offer at $395.

Have you heard of this company and/or this method to tackle review removal?
Gill, we were contacted by this group and we are considering giving this a shot as we are in an industry that is getting crushed due to COVID. Did any of your clients move forward? Any updates? Scam/Success? Appreciate any additional insights you can provide.

keyserholiday

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
@Lucas I am curious how you are crushed due to Covid-19? Are you having issues with reviews?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert