More threads by Devon Grey

Reaction score
This has been ongoing for many months

• We are being flooded with wrong number calls because the information in 3 of our listings are wrong.
  • The employee email that originally verified some of our location listings either doesn't work for us anymore, or we don't have access to it. We don't know what the full email address is, but got the hint after phone verifying 2 of them (we were not given the option to verify the third one, but did request ownership of it)
  • We've sent multiple "requests for ownership" and not heard back - likely because the email address that owns these listings is no longer active.
  • We've tried the "suggest an edit" feature for months with no result (again, likely because the email address that owns the listing is unmonitored)
  • After the 7 day waiting period, we still don't see the option to verify in the dashboard. Google simply keeps saying that the profile "is not eligible to be transferred" after this. After various attempts to contact Google, we eventually end up back at step 1.

Has anyone ever actually succeeded in getting access to a listing where the owner is unresponsive?

Hey Devon, how have you been contacting GMB support?

I have attempted at various points to contact via:

email on the support page prompt

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 1.03.36 PM.png

Reporting a data problem in Google Maps Directly

Calling AdWords Support & being transferred

FYI - A rep at Google Ads gave me a contact number for the GMB department. The rep at GMB said that I would have to pay $460 up front before they would look into this. I've never heard of Google charging for this??!?! Has anyone else experienced this??

I have never heard of having to pay for support with a GMB... they may have transferred you to a management service.

You should have received an email when you requested support. Are you receiving the "is not eligible to be transferred" message after clicking the link contained in that email? If that's the case, then I find that Twitter support is helpful. You can DM Twitter at @GoogleMyBiz, and explain the issue. They may take a few days to get back to you depending on how busy they are.

If you're not using that link, that's the next step in requesting ownership.

I have never heard of having to pay for support with a GMB... they may have transferred you to a management service.

You should have received an email when you requested support. Are you receiving the "is not eligible to be transferred" message after clicking the link contained in that email? If that's the case, then I find that Twitter support is helpful. You can DM Twitter at @GoogleMyBiz, and explain the issue. They may take a few days to get back to you depending on how busy they are.

If you're not using that link, that's the next step in requesting ownership.

No, When I visit the view request for ownership after 7 days it simply redirects me back to the GMB dashboard, without any option to take further action on the listing in question. A Google rep called me over the weekend and insisted what I need to do is remove myself from the dashboard completely (I had partial edit access) and re-request ownership.

This has left me even worse off, as I now have absolutely no access to the listing and it's quite a project to re-verify by phone again.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom