More threads by seoisgreat

seoisgreat

Reaction score
I would like to create a business card for a client with a review request to GMB and would like to brainstorm best heading + text. Any ideas on what to write to increase the conversion rate? This is what I´ve come up with so far.

HEADING
  • Thank you
  • Thank you for choosing us
  • Reviews makes us smile / happy
  • Happy with your costumer service?

TEXT
  • Give us 30s of your time to tell how we did
  • Your feedback is very important to us
  • Our team works hard for our customers every day
  • Your feedback helps us improve the experience for our costumers.
  • Your feedback not only helps us, it helps other potential customers.
  • Your opinion means the world to us. Help us to improve and keep providing amazing service for you and future customers.
  • We need your help. As a small local business these reviews keep us alive. It only takes 2 minutes and we could really use your help.

You've done a great job coming up with copy. I suppose the only true answer lies in testing each one against the other.

I tend to look at the problem this way—if I'm going to invest time/energy into getting someone more reviews... what is the MOST effective way to do that.

That said, is the client opposed to using a software solution?

Ah thats a very good idea, I can add the link with a QR code and then print out a bunch of each and do A/B testing :)

We use Grade.us, along with TextRequest, and as a value add, we give a box of 1000 cards - see attached.

Attachments

• igniter-buchholz-auto.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 491
As I was simply offering a sample of what we're doing to the post from @seoisgreat - I did not expect my example to be criticized, but here we are. To the point; up until about 1 year ago, I would have agreed with Darren regarding QR codes, however after traveling extensively (not in Canada) over the past 12 months, including several trade shows in Las Vegas and NYC, QR codes were highly visible in many cases. The short answer is, adding the QR code to the 'review helper' cards costs me nothing, makes my client happy (especially when one of their tech savvy customers scans the code), and the card then offers 3 ways to get my clients customer into the review funnel.

Can't say I see the downside.

By the way Darren, sincere thanks for being so generous with your time helping me learn how to pull the plug on Yext and have @whitespark handle all of my citations. We placed an order for 20 locations in your Essentials+ Package, and will be adding 20 more in the next 60 days. Your team have been a joy to work with and I'm looking forward to being "Yext-free"!

Hey Bill,

Sorry for the snark. As you may have picked up, I am not a fan of QR codes. :)

I hear your point about there being no downside, and I agree. Sure. Might as well add it. I think it might look fancy to the client, and the occasional end user might use it. I'd love to hear any stats you have on usage. You could add a tracking parameter to the link in the QR code to be able to see how often it is used.

Thank you so much for your kind words about our service! I'm really glad to hear that we've been a joy to work with, and you are now Yext-free. We should incorporate that into some kind of mission statement: Helping businesses become Yext-free since 2012. :)

Darren, a snark is good for the soul now and then! As I'm using ********* for the URL's to the review request page, I am able to track the stats on usage of the codes. I'll be sure to share the stats with you once we get a good sample. Love that 'mission statement', I'm going to take my wife to France next year with the cash we'll save on Yext!

Fun post. Totally agree, any way you can get customers into a loop to talk to you is a win even QR codes.

1. What I have found is the last thing you want to rely on is the content on the card. Use the card as an "activator" that you or your staff hands off in person with the ask for the review. The card, SMS number and QR code is to make entry EASY, not to motivate them. That will produce a little, but how you had it off (like a baton) and ask for the review will produce a lot.

2. We've worked with out clients to have fun with this type of signage/card/handout. Best to have it stand out if it's all on it's own. I'll attach an example for a wine bar where we did drink coasters, signage, biz cards (QR on back) and bookmarks for the bill jacket.

What you are doing with a couple services is why we built TextBack to have this in GatherUp. Here is a small business case study: TextBack Case Study: Driving Big Reviews For A Small Restaurant - GatherUp

textback-QR-codes-examples.jpg

@billenross - I'm in the process of pulling the plug on Yext as well. I emailed my account manager asking about my current contract and mentioned that I don't think we'll be renewing for another year. I got this as a response:

Hey Eric - thanks for the note!

I'm sorry to hear that the Yext Partnership program no longer suits RedShift's agency needs. Your account would renew on February 27th 2020. However, I do not handle inquiries like this so I will relay your message to the proper team. Let me know if you do not hear back from a Yext representative in the next few days.

In the meantime, feel free to continue utilizing me as your account manager if you have any product or platform questions!

Great... so I guess I'll just wait and hope someone contacts me to help me cancel (like anyone wants to do that...)

They had a chance to save me as a customer and now I'm over it.

@billenross - I'm in the process of pulling the plug on Yext as well. I emailed my account manager asking about my current contract and mentioned that I don't think we'll be renewing for another year. I got this as a response:
Great... so I guess I'll just wait and hope someone contacts me to help me cancel (like anyone wants to do that...)

They had a chance to save me as a customer and now I'm over it.

Hey Eric! Take a few minutes and put your cancellation request in a letter and send it Certified mail and be sure it's postmarked at least 30 days before your renewal date, or the contract auto-renews. They will hold you (at least they did me) to your agreed monthly minimum until your contact expires. I'm now waiting for them to send me a letter on the Yext letterhead that my contract will not renew. My account manager has told me it will not, but I'm holding them to the same process that they demanded of me. As an aside, they will try to get you on the phone to try to change your mind, I simply declined, told them I had no interest in talking to them. Only time I ever heard from them from one year to the next was just prior to renewal time try to get me to commit to more locations. Good luck!

Wait. Did you say QR code? No no. Please don't do that. Name one customer that knows how to scan a QR code. I'll wait.
I’m not defending QR codes, but I have to say that any iPhone will read one in the native camera app, and I believe most users know that. You just open it and point the camera to the code and it does the rest for you.

I’m not defending QR codes, but I have to say that any iPhone will read one in the native camera app, and I believe most users know that. You just open it and point the camera to the code and it does the rest for you.

I did not know this! Just tried it and it works great. Sent me right to the URL. That makes QR code’s much more useful.

I have never used a QR code myself, but I see them all over and think it's a good idea. Easier for your potential customer than typing in a website or phone number. It can't really hurt unless you don't have any space for it on the item.

For some reason I didn't realize the native camera app did that either. Probably because I just never use QR codes. I guess a takeaway since a few people here didn't know that is to put a small note to direct people to open their camera and point at the QR code. They could be effective if people knew how easy it was to get the info (no extra apps required).

...perhaps, but I've been at over a dozen restaurants that use them to direct diners to the menu (no paper menus), and my auto body shop clients are using them to send people to 'mobile photo estimate' forms.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom