More threads by Akuta

Akuta

Reaction score
Everyone knows about Yelp and everyone knows about Google+ local, however are the other sites worth much, such as citysearch, insider pages, etc? Of course they have benefit as far as ranking goes with Google since it pulls from them, but do those sites themselves send actual traffic if you're 1 or 2? I can't seem to find much up to date info, although older traffic results do seem to show some of them have a decent amount...

Appreciate the reply. Look forward to any information you can dig up.

@Akuta

As you may have seen, the big reason CitySearch is so important is that any reviews you get there are fed to like 15 other sites. I don't have any stats on CitySearch's traffic, but it tends to come up high in search results, as does InsiderPages, which it also exchanges reviews with. So once you add up the combined traffic of those two, plus that of all the little sites that CitySearch feeds reviews to, then each review you've got there is getting you a pretty good number of eyeballs.

N.B. People tend to overlook Yahoo. (Maybe you're not one of those people!) But some people actually still do use it, so I'd say it's worth getting a trickle of reviews there as well.

@Akuta

As you may have seen, the big reason CitySearch is so important is that any reviews you get there are fed to like 15 other sites. I don't have any stats on CitySearch's traffic, but it tends to come up high in search results, as does InsiderPages, which it also exchanges reviews with. So once you add up the combined traffic of those two, plus that of all the little sites that CitySearch feeds reviews to, then each review you've got there is getting you a pretty good number of eyeballs.

N.B. People tend to overlook Yahoo. (Maybe you're not one of those people!) But some people actually still do use it, so I'd say it's worth getting a trickle of reviews there as well.

I do understand the value in the reviews as far as other sites scraping them goes. And Yahoo seems to rank higher than CitySearch and InsiderPages in Google's organic results (not to mention their own) for the industries I've done work in so definitely not overlooking them. Thank you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom