More threads by MeganR

MeganR

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a client whose listing has a new message on the Manage Locations page of the dashboard.

It says, "Review Updates." -- I've seen that one before.

BUT, when you click on "Review Updates" from the Manage Locations page, there's something new that I'm seeing on the listing.

At the top right of the main listing page it states:
Confirm your business info
Review your business information to improve your presence on Google. Then click "Confirm" at the bottom of the screen.

Then, at the bottom of the screen, there is a button with this message:

Scroll to the bottom to confirm with a "confirm" button.

Before I confirm the information I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and why they may have received this confirmation message.

Is GMB adding this Confirmation request for all listings? Have a large number of edits been submitted for the listing?

I'd just like a little clarification prior to clicking confirm as to why they're receiving this confirmation request.

Would love your input.

Hey @MeganR I am pretty sure I know what you are referring to but can you share a screenshot just to be sure?

Hey @MeganR I am pretty sure I know what you are referring to but can you share a screenshot just to be sure?

Sure, thanks, Colan!

goog11.png

goog22 (1).png

Thanks for the shots. I see this often but not as often as the other style message "Review Updates."

I think the difference is that the "Review Updates" message is for user edits and 3rd party sources and the "Confirm your business info" is straight from Google or some other source.

Good question though and one that I am now more curious about myself.

I'm seeing this behavior on a few of my GMB listings this morning. It's vaguely unsettling. Ugh.

Oh boy. After pressing the "confirm" button, I'm seeing "Under review" flags on many of the fields in the listings, including the listing title, category, address, and many more.

Way to make my morning uneasy, Google.

1573652442848.png

Anyway, after a few minutes those "under review' flags seem to have gone away with no changes made to the fields.

What's the point of all this, I wonder?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom