More threads by AlchemyClix

AlchemyClix

Reaction score
Hi, All.

Quick note, this forum is incredible. So, nice to be able to get feedback/suggestions from such wonderful and knowledgeable people.

Is it permissible to copy testimonials from a website onto Google reviews?

Obviously, don't want to get a "Google Penalty." I want to be ethical, yet get as much exposure, as possible.

Thanks, in advance.
Dana

If you're asking if you (as the business owner) are allowed to take reviews from your businesses website and post them as a review on GMB, then no. Only those individuals who left a review are allowed to add a review to GMB.

You are however allowed to take a review from your website and post it as a Google post if you wish.

If you're asking if you are allowed to take reviews that customers have left on your GMB listing and post them on your own website then yes, you're allowed.

If you're asking if you (as the business owner) are allowed to take reviews from your businesses website and post them as a review on GMB, then no. Only those individuals who left a review are allowed to add a review to GMB.

You are however allowed to take a review from your website and post it as a Google post if you wish.

If you're asking if you are allowed to take reviews that customers have left on your GMB listing and post them on your own website then yes, you're allowed.
Great. Thank you, Dan. Do I have to disclose anything if I “post it?”

I'm not sure if you have to disclose anything, but linking out to the actual review left on Google is good practice. Or, you can have a line after the review quote that says "see our great reviews on Google" (for example), and link to the reviews from there. That way you make it easy for the visitor to confirm that the review is real.

I'm not sure if you have to disclose anything, but linking out to the actual review left on Google is good practice. Or, you can have a line after the review quote that says "see our great reviews on Google" (for example), and link to the reviews from there. That way you make it easy for the visitor to confirm that the review is real.
You mean actual review on the website, right? Not trying to be a pain, just making sure.

Yes, if you place a review text on your site that is sourced from your Google listing, you can also have a link from your website out to the review.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom