SAB - change address from virtual office?

Tony Wang

I have a new client that was using a virtual office for GMB, he does remodeling. It was showing before, but then he hid the address before I came on. Now there is no address on the listing at all, so my question is, should I even bother changing the address to his actual business address, which is just his home?

Before the changes last fall, the hidden address still had significance in matching NAP with your citations, but now I'm wondering what value it holds? Hard to believe Google just ignores the address, even if they delete it from the profile, so I'm inclined to update the address, even though it means I'll have to re-verify.

Furthermore, I'm curious why Google even cares if you use a virtual address anymore if there's no address on the listing?

Any insights?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Hey Tony,

I'd still not recommend using a virtual office address even if the address is hidden. Google still knows what address was used to verify the listing so if it ever comes up they could still delete the listing.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Yeah I agree - if anyone reports the listing, Google will remove it. I'd suggest switching to his home.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Good advice.

My only concern would be "if it's not broke don't fix it". How well is he ranking already?