More threads by spainops

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it a bad practise to have the same website in more than one listing (the NAP is different) ?.

Thanks

Si

This can easily confuse Google. Is there a specific page on the website you can point to instead? Preferably with the NAP you're using in the listing on the page (Location page).

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I can use a different page. Was just trying to work out if it's best practise to use a different website for each places listing.

Si

Yes, it's especially important to use different websites for Places listings. Just a reminder, whatever URL you choose for the places listings should also be consistantly used in all your citations for that location.

Otherwise a Googlebot might come along and change it!

:) Glad I could help

@spainops

Are you asking whether it's OK to put the same website in the "URL" field of your Google Places pages if you're a multi-location business? If so, the answer is: absolutely.

Hi,

Is it a bad practise to have the same website in more than one listing (the NAP is different) ?

Like Phil, I'm not so sure we are clear on the situation. Please explain more.

Same company, more than one location, just different address and phone???

Yes use same site, but if possible a location optimized landing page for each listing, that has uniquely optimized content. Check the tag cloud button on top menu and look for #multilocation hash tag.

If you mean something else besides a multi-location company, then please explain in more detail.

Would you just add the specific location URL in the website field in GMB or just the website main URL?

Thanks

Like Phil, I'm not so sure we are clear on the situation. Please explain more.

Same company, more than one location, just different address and phone???

Yes use same site, but if possible a location optimized landing page for each listing, that has uniquely optimized content. Check the tag cloud button on top menu and look for #multilocation hash tag.

If you mean something else besides a multi-location company, then please explain in more detail.

Would you just add the specific location URL in the website field in GMB or just the website main URL?

Depends on situation but yes, usually one location would be linked to home and each of the others linked to their location page. BUT the site and pages need to be set up right too.

You can read some of our #multilocation posts listed up in the tag cloud for tons more detail and different types of scenarios.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom