- Nov 7, 2018
To begin with, forgive me for re-posting this as it is a follow-up to an earlier thread that is getting pushed down. The following are my thoughts.
- I'm running Genesis Framework which has some Webpage markup schema built in to it. My research suggests that this be disabled, since I'm using Yoast SEO, and that creates Webpage markup schema quite well, and having both of them creates a lot of duplication.
- With that said, Yoast does not support the Local Business node which includes Hours of Operation and Business Type (insurance agency), which I would like to have included.
- Therefore I'm planing on creating a Local Business schema, but skip the Same As and Image sections as they are taken care of by Yoast in the Organization node. These will be placed on individual location pages. However, when I do this, the resulting Local Business node doesn't validate as The Local Business node requires the Image element.
- Question #1: Should I be creating an Organization and Local Business node? They are similar in many ways. I don't see a way of eliminating the Organizational node via Yoast, and I do want to support the hours of operation and business type in the Local Business node.
- I'm considering Nested Organization markup as well. Is this necessary? If so, where would it be placed, and does anyone know of a generator that does it well?