More threads by JustinB

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone's opinion would be on creating schema markup for a single page website that has 20 videos with FAQ's (nested under accordions) that answer schema related FAQ keyword phrases - in addition to Local NAP schema markup. Client insists on a single page website - so I have to work within that. I didn't want to land any penalties, just wanted to know if you can do more than one schema markup per page, especially if it's on the homepage.
Appreciate any advice!

I have found multiple schema markup types often cause any rich features you normally get in the SERPs from them not to show. I wouldn't mix them.

I'd not expect to get any rich snippets from it. The home page is a bit rich snippet shy.

Penalties are based on deceptive or spammy markup designed to get rich snippets. It does not sound like you are talking about anything in that realm.

You can mark up multiple entities. Their main value will be on clarifying what the page is about.

It sounds like a bit of a mix going on, maybe you're looking at:

FAQPage - schema.org - very new, can list Questions and Answers
video - schema.org - maybe embed inside each answer?
LocalBusiness - schema.org - your NAP
WebSite - schema.org - define how internal search works

Our client recently came across the multiple schema markup issues, not to show in Google SERP. They are using third-party tool and have more than 10 schema code on the same page.

I agree with Joy, not to mix them.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom