More threads by hajnasiewicz

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
A customer arrived at one of our grocery locations looking for Notary service. When they searched for Notary Harrison MI our grocery location returned search results. We do not offer Notary service, the customer was quite upset with our associates. I was able to replicate in search. We do not have any content related to Notary services. How do we get our business OUT of that search result (fast)?

Is it shown as a secondary category, attribute or service in the GMB dash?

There are some strange results in Michigan. When I searched for notary battle creek mi I am seeing Personal Injury Attorneys, Financial Planners and Banks. For your term, I found a listing for Western Union, so Google has obviously made a mistake. I recommend creating a thread in the GMB forum and I'll transfer it to the search forum as I want to follow this.

There are some strange results in Michigan. When I searched for notary battle creek mi I am seeing Personal Injury Attorneys, Financial Planners and Banks. For your term, I found a listing for Western Union, so Google has obviously made a mistake. I recommend creating a thread in the GMB forum and I'll transfer it to the search forum as I want to follow this.
Will do. Any recommendations to get our location OUT of this specific search result would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

So I know Battle Creek is about 2 hours away from you, but it's the only association I can find that mentions your brand name and notary in search.

If you search "notary" + "Family Fare Supermarket" on Google you'll see that PakMail lists the following:

1586445291125.png

They're using the brand name as landmark for their location. I really don't know if that's enough to make this happen, but it's a breadcrumb possibly?

I sent it over to the search forum so that can look into it. It may take a will to be sent over to Google as they have closed down a lot of channels for contacting them.

I sent it over to the search forum so that can look into it. It may take a will to be sent over to Google as they have closed down a lot of channels for contacting them.
Thank you. I'm not sure what "search forum" you are referring too...

I pinged Dany Sullivan on Twitter to look into it. I am seeing a lot of strange results, pharmacies, lawyers, and more that shouldn't be ranking.

Hi,

So I know Battle Creek is about 2 hours away from you, but it's the only association I can find that mentions your brand name and notary in search.

If you search "notary" + "Family Fare Supermarket" on Google you'll see that PakMail lists the following:

1586445291125.png

They're using the brand name as landmark for their location. I really don't know if that's enough to make this happen, but it's a breadcrumb possibly?
Thank you, I will investigate there as well

Google has different help forums for its various products, GMB, YouTube, PPC, G Suite. I moved your thread to the search forum after I commented. I want to follow the thread and see what a Search PE stated. Since they couldn't assist, I went to Danny Sullivan as this issue is no man's land.

Google has different help forums for its various products, GMB, YouTube, PPC, G Suite. I moved your thread to the search forum after I commented. I want to follow the thread and see what a Search PE stated. Since they couldn't assist, I went to Danny Sullivan as this issue is no man's land.
I put it there as well earlier. Thank you so much for your help, I truly appreciate it!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom