More threads by Vijay Marathe

Reaction score
Favecentral is an important part of the local search eco-system (David Mihm). Has any of the members ever had a chance to communicate with them? I am trying to contact them to get a bad listing removed (without reciprocal linking or paying anything). It would be great if you could advise on how to contact them and have an invalid listing removed.

Vijay:

Just did a little digging for you and I'm afraid I have bad news. There doesn't seem to be any way to reach them. Their WhoIs info is private too. I found complaints about this website, however, and the fact that there is no way to contact them. Sorry.

Travis Van Slooten

Thank you, Travis. I asked the same question on David Mihm's blog post and he was kind enough to share their email with me: help@getfave.com I will try to communicate with Favecentral at this email address and report back, here.

As David has already suggested, Fave Central is affiliated with GetFave.com. Unfortunately, updates to Fave Central happen close to never even if you manage to contact them. I am not 100% sure, but I believe the platform is not being supported any longer, although it still gets data from other places (I suspect mostly or only from GetFave, so make sure your listings are correct there).

Vijay,

I also wanted to chime in here, as I have had a lot of experience with trying to get listings changed.

Over the course of six months or so, I emailed help@getfave nearly a dozen times - and never once received anything resembling a response. This was a year ago or so - but I highly doubt anything has changed.

Best of luck,

Scott

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom