SEMRush, Moz don't show backlinks

Larry Linson

I have a client for whom we are building out back links. Using SEMRush, Moz and Ahrefs, I used their tools to see links that competitors have that my client does not. Bought nearly half of the time that I explore the site that these tools indicate a link from I find that indeed my client also has a link. And these are not new links - they have been there a while.

Should I be worried something is a miss with my client. I am frustrated that this tools are wasting my time, and do not understand why they are not picking up legit links.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
One possible reason would be if it's a list of results (like 5 pages) and your client is on page 4 but the competitors are on page 3 so it's not picking it up. I'm not sure I've seen this happen much using the Link Intersect tool from Ahrefs. Can you clarify if you're using that specific tool?

BisnarChase

I get the same results using Semrush but Ahrefs is more accurate for me. I can't tell you how many times I run a report and semrush tells me we dont have the link and I go through all of them and we do have links, some very long term established. Always wondered about this myself as it is definitely a time eater.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert