More threads by Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Reaction score
I intend to establish several clinic-in-a-clinic medical offices. In this business model, there will be 2-3 branded medical services operating out of the same office suite. Will this prove to be a problem when establishing a GMB address? If so, is a solution Suite 100A / 100B / 100C ?

@Equilibrium, the suite numbers aren't a solution, or a problem, because Google seems not to pay attention to suite numbers. Google may still suspend your page(s) if each sub-clinic isn't a distinct, separately incorporated / licensed clinic. For instance, if it's a med-spa that has a GMB page for cosmetic surgery and another for laser hair removal and another for tattoo removal, two of those pages aren't supposed to exist, and may get pulled (sooner or later).

That's where I'm not clear on the specifics of your situation.

There may be a "departments" angle here, though.

each of these business would be unique legal entities as well as established trademarked brands. Maybe like GeekSquad inside BestBuy or McDonalds inside Walmart or a Bank branch inside a Grocery store chain.

We have the same issue with a few of our clients. Google has been allowing us to add a "menu/sign" at the front of the building that lists the business name and suite number for each. Then, we have had to take a photo and add it to all GMB listings, as long as they are separate businesses.

We have the same issue with a few of our clients. Google has been allowing us to add a "menu/sign" at the front of the building that lists the business name and suite number for each. Then, we have had to take a photo and add it to all GMB listings, as long as they are separate businesses.

thank you for the response. does this mean a physical sign outside the building or in the building's lobby or outside the office suite itself?

We have done it both ways. Google has told us they just need to see the suite numbers on a public sign on an interior or exterior wall. Here is an example of an exterior sign we added.

quality electric sign (2).jpg

It makes it a lot easier for a whole bunch of things if you have separate NPIs and different suite numbers (ideally more different than the 100a, b, c). Also makes it way easier if you want to use a service like Yext or Doctor.com. Speaking from the perspective of a directory here.

@tedchan, what do you mean by "easier"? For example, would you otherwise have to contact support staff to get such a listing added?

I just spoke to a potential client with this exact scenario. 2 completely separate doctors/practices sharing the same office suite/lobby, same suite #100, not even 100a, 100b.

It is easy to establish -
  • unique signage at suite door / entry
  • unique suite number by adding alpha character

more challenging to -
  • updating building directory in lobby / building entry
  • add exterior signage / monument

separate NPIs are a given in our situation.

we are unique legal entities and in my instance a trademarked brand. in most locations we operate as free-standing clinics but we are now testing the clinic-in-a-clinic model to discover synergies.

i am anxious about this as i do not want to lose our GMB presence.

I've started asking clients for a photo for Apple MapsConnect too. They tend to fuss of SABs and need a photo of the sign to accept a location. This practice would cover your bases for GMB

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom