More threads by Jaden

Jaden

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm planning to shift a blog from a subdomain to a top domain. So basically in google's eyes it's like 2 urls

There is some existing content on the subdomain. If I shift it over to the main domain, will google see it as duplicate content?

I tried 301 redirect for something before. But a year on, Google still crawls my old site.

What's the best way to do this? Thanks!

Google may still crawl the old domain because of links you have out 'in the wild'.

If the content was all moved to the TLD, I would just 301 the old sub-domain.

If the pages on the sub-domain have a lot of links to them, I may create individual 301's to the appropriate content. So that subdomain.domain.com/page-with-content.html 301 redirects to domain.com/page-with-content.html - this way if you do have some rankings for a sub-domain page (that are/were sending traffic), users aren't redirected to the root (which may cause them to bounce if it's not the content they're expecting).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom