Site Wide NAP

FatSniper

Forum Member
Hi, lets say a site has 3 locations. Those 3 locations are placed on the footer of its website.

Would having those 3 NAPs in the footer site wide cause an issue with potential map rankings?

I usually keep it separate, but I haven't heard of anyone running into problems in a few years, not since schema became more popular and dupes on google became less of an issue. Since you only have 3 locations, as long as you set it up right it'll probably be fine.

What I would do though: for any location specific pages, only have NAP and schema for the one listing. The only pages I'd consider having all of them, would be pages that are about the brand itself (home page, contact page, etc).

Here's a thread discussing it a little more if you're curious.

mborgelt

Local Search Expert
I'll echo James and say you'll be good but adhere to his guide on the landing pages. Also, you can use the URL identifier tag in your schema to help nail down which GMB goes to which page.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
I'll echo James and say you'll be good but adhere to his guide on the landing pages. Also, you can use the URL identifier tag in your schema to help nail down which GMB goes to which page.
The link you provided is to JSON markup. Did Google switch from backing Schema to backing JSON? Or is JSON complimenting Schema? Admittedly, this is not my realm of expertise.

heckler

Forum Member
The link you provided is to JSON markup. Did Google switch from backing Schema to backing JSON? Or is JSON complimenting Schema? Admittedly, this is not my realm of expertise.
They're the same really. The JSON-LD is just a simpler format and more search engines are supporting it. So it's a win for us SEOs, because doing in-line schema can be a PITA.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group