More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
It has been a long time since I've seen social media icons on Knowledge Panels for local businesses. As of today I'm seeing them on a ton. Are you seeing the same?

Social Icons 2.png

Social Icons 1.png

Have been seeing them on and off for about a month now, but more frequently today.

Good find Joy.

I confirm the appearance of social icons in many local business knowledge graphs.

It should be noted that the social icons only appear on desktop view. I wasn't able to replicate them on mobile.

I have not seen them yet either in my wheelhouse (elder care, home health care and hospice, etc).

From where is GMB getting the "same as" link info? From schema markup on the websites' home pages?

I have a client that has asked us about these in the past.
They mostly wanted the Facebook icon.

Of course, now Google only shows a Google+ icon on their listing. Not exactly useful Google...
GMBICon.png

I have not seen them yet either in my wheelhouse (elder care, home health care and hospice, etc).

From where is GMB getting the "same as" link info? From schema markup on the websites' home pages?

Tim is this where google finds your social account? If so, I am assuming if you want to add your other social accounts you would just do it straight through schema?

Tim is this where google finds your social account? If so, I am assuming if you want to add your other social accounts you would just do it straight through schema?
I don't know, that is why I was asking. For what it's worth, none of my clients have social accounts showing up in their business profiles yet, and yet they all have proper schema markup with their social media links in sameAs properties.

Hmm interesting. One of my clients is asking how to get their social profiles to show up on their gmb. I wonder if anyone in this forum knows the trick? Is it just to add the profiles and wait?

Hmm interesting. One of my clients is asking how to get their social profiles to show up on their gmb. I wonder if anyone in this forum knows the trick? Is it just to add the profiles and wait?

I just skimmed the thread so I may be telling you something you already know but your best bet is sameas in schema markup.

What is the best practice here now that google has deprecated this to what I assume is machine learning or other method

Did everyone else ever have the experience of finding it much more difficult to add social profiles to a single GMB listing ( multi location) were as doing it for a brand was much more straight forward

We have correct Schema mark up on the site but we are seeing that for my clients Linkedin, it is going to the personal profile of their Director of Admissions. Could this be similar to how Google sees Facebook schema and could this director be claiming the business on Linkedin?

Thanks in advance!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom