More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
In this latest version of Xenforo, it is now possible to share a specific post within a thread as well as the thread itself.

At the top right of any post you will see the share icon:

Click on that icon and you will see this (if it's the first post in a thread it will say "thread" instead of post):

Just click on the relevant share icon to post to social media.

As you can see, currently it will share to Facebook or Twitter or send an email to someone you know with the link.

However, others can be added. If you can think of additional social shares likely to be useful, let me know below and I'll try to add them.

I would suggest adding LinkedIn to the share targets.
I checked. Unfortunately, not only is this not included as an option currently in Xenforo but there are not even any addons currently that will do it.

The last suggestion to add LinkedIn was in 2016 and that was shelved for "lack of interest". I submitted another suggestion today, arguing that LinkedIn has increases its presence in social sharing and is important for business-related forums.

Thank you, David. It's a nice-to-have, not a must-have.

Yes but really... does anyone even use or need these on a forum? They are all available in the core options:

Even Pinterest is debatable for a forum, given that it's primarily image based which is the reason for not including Instagram.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom