More threads by j_holtslander

j_holtslander

Reaction score
What's the best way to handle this situation?

"Acme Inc. - Los Angeles" and "Acme Inc. - New York" are both simultaneously moving into a brand new office, "Acme Inc. - Malibu"

Change addresses in GMB for both locations to the new address and then request a merge of the resulting duplicates?
Change nothing and contact GMB support for assistance?

Advice?

Here’s the easiest way to handle this:

1. Create new GMB for Malibu and request verification.

2. Once Malibu is verified, call GMB support to merge the other two into Malibu.

The merge could be done manually but this could open up many scenarios where you are calling GMB support... so that’s why I recommend just calling to request the merge once Malibu is verified.

I hope this helps!

The only downside of that option is that customers may still end up going to LA or NY while we're waiting for Malibu to be verified and then for GMB Support to merge LA & NY into it.

It will take less than 5 days to get verified and then a 10 min call to GMB support... max time 5 days

10 min call max.... we’ve done literally hundreds of these types of scenarios.

The best part - once the merge is complete, your Malibu GMB should inherit all of the reveries and location authority of the other two!

So in the end... Google support rep did most of the work for the merge but as the final step told me to have the current "Primary owner" remove themselves from the listing to complete the process.
BUT as it turns out the primary owner is away on maternity leave and unavailable and no-one knows her login. So now "LA" & "NY" offices are marked as "Permanently closed" and the Google rep isn't responding to emails.
Weeeee!!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom