More threads by shripadd

Reaction score
Hi
I am facing a strange issue, someone is doing changes the primary phone number on a regular basis to one of my GMB listings, If I reject the changes today then again tomorrow same request is there to remove the primary phone number.
Can you please provide some help on how to sort it out?

Thanks

@shripadd, it may be an automatic update by Google, rather than a public edit by a user / competitor. You'll want to make sure the phone number on your site and on your most-important non-Google listings (i.e. citations) is the same as the phone number you want GMB to use. Otherwise, Google is somewhat more likely to make auto-updates.

@Phil Rozek
Yes, It is happening due to auto-update, If I try to edit phone number then in few minutes google removes its automatically. While referring a few GMB support threads I found that Google only supports 10 digit numbers for India. As I am using the mobile number (10 Digit Number) on my listing but google auto-add Zero at the beginning of the number so I am unable to get the exact reason for this auto-update.

Also, what is the drawback if I accept the google auto-update and removed my number from the GMB listing, will someone able to reverify, or will I lose the ownership.
Actually, as per the business nature of my business, it will not matter if I remove the phone number from GMB listing.
Please let me know your valuable thoughts.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom