Some one doing daily edit to primary phone number

shripadd

Hi
I am facing a strange issue, someone is doing changes the primary phone number on a regular basis to one of my GMB listings, If I reject the changes today then again tomorrow same request is there to remove the primary phone number.
Can you please provide some help on how to sort it out?

Thanks

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Top Poster Of Month
@shripadd, it may be an automatic update by Google, rather than a public edit by a user / competitor. You'll want to make sure the phone number on your site and on your most-important non-Google listings (i.e. citations) is the same as the phone number you want GMB to use. Otherwise, Google is somewhat more likely to make auto-updates.

shripadd

@Phil Rozek
Yes, It is happening due to auto-update, If I try to edit phone number then in few minutes google removes its automatically. While referring a few GMB support threads I found that Google only supports 10 digit numbers for India. As I am using the mobile number (10 Digit Number) on my listing but google auto-add Zero at the beginning of the number so I am unable to get the exact reason for this auto-update.

Also, what is the drawback if I accept the google auto-update and removed my number from the GMB listing, will someone able to reverify, or will I lose the ownership.
Actually, as per the business nature of my business, it will not matter if I remove the phone number from GMB listing.
Please let me know your valuable thoughts.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert