Someone added Special Hours for the busiest day of the year and set it to closed...

Simon Cox

Forum Member
For UK Florists the 30th March is their busiest day of the year. So to my surprise, I found that one of our clients had her GMB listed with a Special Hours addition for the 30 March and it was set to 'Closed'. I talked to her and she was shocked immediately suspecting a local competitor of making this change - but I did not think that was possible as I thought only the Owner or verified persons could make such changes. How wrong am I?

Simon Cox

Forum Member
Thank you Joy. We think we know who it is - judging by the number of backlinks a competitor site has recently got and a duplicate map pack (now in 2 and 3 with my client at 1). Shitty tactics but Karma will get them.

Simon Cox

Forum Member
Google My Business team have just replied to my email me saying that the primary owner made the change a while back. Except that she told me she did not - I am more likely to believe her.

Simon Cox

Forum Member
Oddly I have had several more emails from Google telling me there is a fault and they are fixing it. The way the email was worded suggests to me that they are working on a way to fix the updates without approval issue - which would be nice

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group