More threads by TriciaClements

Reaction score
What are the best practices when receiving spam messages in your GBP? Specifically if they are selling fake reviews. :mad:

Do you ignore it or report it to Google? If you report it, what's the best way to do that?

Thanks!

I assume you mean the GBP chat system (spam requests for ownership I'm not sure what can be done about). Always report and delete the conversation. You report by clicking on the octogonal exclamation mark next to the trash can icon in the top right (this one is greyed out because the user was already reported and blocked):
1697726300060.png

It's been a while since I've had a spam message but there used to be an option right in the chat interface to block the sender and report it to Google. That's how I have handled it in the past. I find some industries get hit harder with spam. Massage therapists and spas seem to get it hard within my group of clients.

our clients don't mention this stuff to us, they seem to just ignore them instead of reporting them, with is a problem because response rate is (IIRC) a ranking factor!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom