Spam Help/Advice Needed

rutkap

Over a month ago I put in some notices about 4 "Chesterfield, MO" locations that either do not exist, have closed down, or are in a shared office space.

Since then, not only has my attempts to remove these spammy listings not been approved, THE PHOTOS I SENT TO PROVE THEIR VERACITY ARE NOW PART OF THEIR FAKE LISTINGS!!!!!

I am asking you, the Local SEO community for a hand in what I should do to escalate this issue. It is not fair and I have spent far too much time dealing with these listings.

attached are the 4 listings my client and I took the time to physically visit and obtain photographic evidence of their existance as well as a few choice photographs proving that they are non existant offices.

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Who did you send the photos to? Google support? How did you contact them?

Just an FYI, don't click the 2 nice guys website. I think it's been hacked.

rutkap

I sent the updates through maps.google.com

If there is a better way, please let me know.

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
I would reach out to support directly in this case. I've found Twitter to be the most helpful. You can reach them at @GoogleMyBiz

If they are unable to help you, someone here should be able to escalate to the local advertisers forum...but Twitter is normally the first place I go.

Keep us posted!

rutkap

Thanks Cherie.

I for one have not had much success with Twitter, but I will elevate it there.

Heck, I may just send them this post!!!

MeganR

Yes, exactly! I had the same issue - - I could not believe that the photo I submitted was added to the business's fake listing and worse still, they were notified of the photo!

Everyone on the forum has me second-guessing myself that this doesn't happen with the redressability form, but rather with the in-listing submit an edit feature. Now, I'm not sure how I submitted - - using the form or the submit an edit feature.

Do you recall how you submitted the photographic evidence? Which method you used?

Here's the other thread where we've been having the debate:

Last edited:

rutkap

Thank you,

I will fill out this form. BTW, twitter has not gotten back to me in over a week.

coolrunnings

I just sent photos to google on a garage door company that doesn't exist in an area I was in today and it is already gone. that was within 4 hours. Suggest an edit, added photos and boom it's no longer on google :)

Jac

It will presented to fact checked to 100s of local guides and if most of them say YES then listing will be removed. it takes a month.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: a promoted post by a Sterling Sky employee reviewing your product or service; this will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More information...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group