More threads by iseeu

iseeu

Reaction score
I am seeking out a SEO serivce that can help me deal with spam on a regular basis. I know how to get rid of a spam map via suggest a edit or a redressal marking them for pure gen lead or a fake address, its either both or one of the two. I am dealing with a nationwide brand that is super aggressive. While attacking my legit map which i have been having to appeal and add back every 2 weeks, they keep making fake maps anywhere they can find. Now immediately after they make a fake map they start adding multiple fake reviews to it from profiles that give all their spammy maps nationwide 5 star reviews if you check.

Its a little exhausting readding my map while playing where is waldo with their fakes ones. At any give time they can have up to 5-10 fake maps in town.

What industry is this? Can you send along some examples of the fake listings in question?

The steps you are taking, suggest an edit and redressal form, are the best ways to combat spam. Beyond that you can post about it on the GBP Community Forum and a PE might be able to escalate it to Google to look at, but you will need to provide a ton of evidence including a list of ALL the spam listings and Google may take them down IF you provide enough evidence.

It's super frustrating I know, but a reason many SEO agencies don't offer spam fighting as a regular service because it's hard to do at scale. That said @BenFisher at Steady Demand does offer this as a service Google My Business Fake Listing Spam Reporting - Steady Demand

What industry is this? Can you send along some examples of the fake listings in question?

The steps you are taking, suggest an edit and redressal form, are the best ways to combat spam. Beyond that you can post about it on the GBP Community Forum and a PE might be able to escalate it to Google to look at, but you will need to provide a ton of evidence including a list of ALL the spam listings and Google may take them down IF you provide enough evidence.

It's super frustrating I know, but a reason many SEO agencies don't offer spam fighting as a regular service because it's hard to do at scale. That said @BenFisher at Steady Demand does offer this as a service Google My Business Fake Listing Spam Reporting - Steady Demand

Long story short I have a profile that is currently suspended by the spammer. It was first taken down on March 13th, it went back up April 2nd. I am a local independent contractor / entertainer who does his own work, they are nationwide lead generation who hire other independent contractors to do the work.

There are 2 of them. One of them is super greedy and keeps spamming fake maps until they have 5-10 then they rank them all to drown out the competition. On top of that they are deceiving clients by selling fake tickets and on the back end cancelling at the last minute to force them into a private party or lose out which is pure deception.

Right now they have 2 fake maps still up but are not so bad, but should still come down as well.
I usually suggest a edit, drove to the fake location, take photos and submit it with pure lead gen, fake location and deceptive behavior.

I think they are knocking down my verify twice now going on a third verify by spamming it with tons of edits until google system is overwhelmed and a mulit redressals. I literally just properly verified and was taken back down for no reason at all except revenge.

its the male dancer niche - i know its bad spammy niche google looks down on but hypothetically it is still your money your life stuff and these ppl are selling fake tickets a fake event then they call clients to cancel then force them into something else. The brand is h--unk--o man--ia. They own over 100 sites and each one is a LLC and phone number is different.

They do extreme reputation management on the back end so trying not to make whatever i type here searchable. After a proper response from you guys i will need to edit this post. a little, these ppl are ready for war and want complete domination of maps. There websites are already overpowering everybody. I understand why the websites are doing so well, all of them 15 years + old, lots of page scraping, updated, powerful backlinks, bolster DA and PA scores and they backlink them regular, some get 100s links a month - prette much a oiled army.

My map is down again but I have local license, utility, proper address, explanation and etc to get it back up unless something out of oridinary happens. I think the spammers will keep attacking it though.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom