More threads by aputtock

Reaction score
Hey community! 😎

I have a case where a business does vehicle wrapping. Their workspace (and GMB listing) are set up in a Storage Unit.

I ALWAYS advise against this, but when I reviewed the GMB policy guidelines, there is no mention of a Storage Unit NOT being against the rules.

This particular client DOES service his customers out of that location. They come to him.

Is he still breaking the rules? I would say not. Wondering if anyone has any expertise they would be willing to share 😋

Thanks all!

The client has been hard to reach but these are excellent points to bring up. He has been unable to provide any proof of business thus far.

I can't authoritatively speak to Google's end, but I work in the self-storage space and would advise against this, at least without speaking to the management of the facility. Some storage companies will terminate the lease of anyone who sets up a business listing using their address. They don't want their addresses to be polluted with multiple business listings. They may be at a place that doesn't care, but especially if they're renting out of a large chain facility, they should make efforts to get the OK before even considering it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom