Storage Units - Are They REALLY Against The Rules?

aputtock

Hey community! 😎

I have a case where a business does vehicle wrapping. Their workspace (and GMB listing) are set up in a Storage Unit.

I ALWAYS advise against this, but when I reviewed the GMB policy guidelines, there is no mention of a Storage Unit NOT being against the rules.

This particular client DOES service his customers out of that location. They come to him.

Is he still breaking the rules? I would say not. Wondering if anyone has any expertise they would be willing to share 😋

Thanks all!

aputtock

The client has been hard to reach but these are excellent points to bring up. He has been unable to provide any proof of business thus far.

I can't authoritatively speak to Google's end, but I work in the self-storage space and would advise against this, at least without speaking to the management of the facility. Some storage companies will terminate the lease of anyone who sets up a business listing using their address. They don't want their addresses to be polluted with multiple business listings. They may be at a place that doesn't care, but especially if they're renting out of a large chain facility, they should make efforts to get the OK before even considering it.