More threads by David Wu

Listen to all the Yoda's on this thread lol
I will add when doing random searches I've seen Goog say something like " this business has a review that mentions (searched for kw)"
So if you search:
Best Vegan Pizza Miami
It might say next to a GMB listing " someone mentions Vegan Pizza Miami in a review for this business"
It will also sometimes mention a long tail or synonym and say " best vegan pizza miami is mentioned on their website broski"
I guess you could be super honest and just ask a customer,
" hey when you get home, would you mind doing me a favor, search for money exchange brisbane and then click that call button, I am testing out my google profile to make sure it works. And also take a look and let me know your opinion of our website and what we could change to make it a better experience for the future"

When you ask a favor from a customer it makes them feel like they are on your side/ now a part of a team and will usually help out with things like that.

A super easy one is to search "discount Brisbane" and try and find university's, bingo players clubs, churches, etc and offer a free first exchange to all students/members of a certain group. In exchange they will get ya a nice link and NAP.

Dont be shy on the posts feature either mentioning a surrounding area. Even put up a couple selfie videos with some peppered in kw's. They are listening!

Last edited:
Hi David,
Yet you've got nice suggestions from industry experts which will surely help you improve your site ranking. But I found some more data which may help you.

1- Google Review Schema is used in the footer section of your site, so coming in Google SERP for many pages which is violating Google guidelines. So go through the Google guidelines, fix it.

2- Google is using Mobile First Indexing now but your site's home page has page speed of just 4 (PageSpeed Insights)

I think fixing these issues can also help your site to perform better in Google search as well as in terms of service area as well.

I sure do, @David Wu.

It's rarely easy and sometimes not even possible to get visible within a specific radius. The idea is to do everything in your power, hope for the best, and be willing to adjust the strategy if you're disappointed.
Thanks Phil. I just need a professional to give me the specifics on how I can actually do it (build high quality links). I researched a bit on this topic and watched Backlinko's videos and still couldnt figure out how to apply the principles to my business.

Listen to all the Yoda's on this thread lol
I will add when doing random searches I've seen Goog say something like " this business has a review that mentions (searched for kw)"
So if you search:
Best Vegan Pizza Miami
It might say next to a GMB listing " someone mentions Vegan Pizza Miami in a review for this business"
It will also sometimes mention a long tail or synonym and say " best vegan pizza miami is mentioned on their website broski"
I guess you could be super honest and just ask a customer,
" hey when you get home, would you mind doing me a favor, search for money exchange brisbane and then click that call button, I am testing out my google profile to make sure it works. And also take a look and let me know your opinion of our website and what we could change to make it a better experience for the future"

When you ask a favor from a customer it makes them feel like they are on your side/ now a part of a team and will usually help out with things like that.

A super easy one is to search "discount Brisbane" and try and find university's, bingo players clubs, churches, etc and offer a free first exchange to all students/members of a certain group. In exchange they will get ya a nice link and NAP.

Dont be shy on the posts feature either mentioning a surrounding area. Even put up a couple selfie videos with some peppered in kw's. They are listening!

How genius is this idea!!?? discount Brisbane LOL!

Hi @David Wu

You've received a lot of really great advice here from some of the best in the business. I wanted to chime in as well regarding earning reviews. There is no fast/easy way to do this, and that's the point as far as Google is concerned. Generally, businesses who have a rich local review profile are well respected in the community, and have earned those reviews naturally (or mostly naturally) - at least that's the logic, anyway.

You see, reputation, backlinks, and reviews go hand in hand, in my opinion. They indicate your expertise and good reputation, and they do come naturally to businesses who provide good service and are good at getting their name out into the community. This is especially important for you because your website may be considered YMYL (Your Money, Your Life) because you deal with currency. Basically, YMYL encompasses any content that can affect someone’s health, happiness, safety, or financial stability. EAT is very important here... EAT is Expertise, Trustworthiness, and Authoritativeness of the person responsible for the content of the site.

Looking at your site, I'm really not finding any information about you - the expert. In addition to adding some info about the areas you service to the site, I would add some easy to find information about you and the other experts who you are asking folks to trust with their money. What are your credentials? How many years have you been in business? Imagine you are the customer and are considering giving your money to someone and trusting them to give you a good rate. What information would you look for? What makes you better than the folks down stairs (besides the fact that you are less expensive)?

More specific to link earning, I also tell my clients that local public relations efforts are important for local link building. In short, be active in your community on an ongoing basis. Sponsor some local causes. Join your local Chamber of commerce (or the AUS equivalent). Donate to some charitable organizations, local schools, local sports teams, etc. These good works can earn you positive press, and along with that comes mentions (and hopefully links back) to your business.

Finally, I'd like to caution you about asking for reviews in AUS. There are some pretty specific laws in AUS regarding review solicitation, so I would make sure your methods are in compliance with that.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cherie

Hi @David Wu

You've received a lot of really great advice here from some of the best in the business. I wanted to chime in as well regarding earning reviews. There is no fast/easy way to do this, and that's the point as far as Google is concerned. Generally, businesses who have a rich local review profile are well respected in the community, and have earned those reviews naturally (or mostly naturally) - at least that's the logic, anyway.

You see, reputation, backlinks, and reviews go hand in hand, in my opinion. They indicate your expertise and good reputation, and they do come naturally to businesses who provide good service and are good at getting their name out into the community. This is especially important for you because your website may be considered YMYL (Your Money, Your Life) because you deal with currency. Basically, YMYL encompasses any content that can affect someone’s health, happiness, safety, or financial stability. EAT is very important here... EAT is Expertise, Trustworthiness, and Authoritativeness of the person responsible for the content of the site.

Looking at your site, I'm really not finding any information about you - the expert. In addition to adding some info about the areas you service to the site, I would add some easy to find information about you and the other experts who you are asking folks to trust with their money. What are your credentials? How many years have you been in business? Imagine you are the customer and are considering giving your money to someone and trusting them to give you a good rate. What information would you look for? What makes you better than the folks down stairs (besides the fact that you are less expensive)?

More specific to link earning, I also tell my clients that local public relations efforts are important for local link building. In short, be active in your community on an ongoing basis. Sponsor some local causes. Join your local Chamber of commerce (or the AUS equivalent). Donate to some charitable organizations, local schools, local sports teams, etc. These good works can earn you positive press, and along with that comes mentions (and hopefully links back) to your business.

Finally, I'd like to caution you about asking for reviews in AUS. There are some pretty specific laws in AUS regarding review solicitation, so I would make sure your methods are in compliance with that.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cherie
Thanks Cherie! Certainly some new insights on top of what I already received. Will tidy the notes up and starting thinking about how to win this battle. But then again my problem is the same as many other business owners - time poor.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom