NEW "Suggested Categories" for GMB Products

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
For the first time we are seeing that there are "suggested categories" in the "Products" section inside Google My Business. Have you seen this in your dashboard yet?

So what? We're obviously curious to see if these impact rankings or general visibility. We have some research coming out soon that goes into whether or not adding products in general impact ranking. But now that Google is offering these pre-selected categories the question becomes a bit more interesting.

image (59).png

Niki Gross

I recently added products to 4 of our listings and when I logged in this morning the product section was empty for all of them. Has anyone experienced this? Is it a possible bug considering there are other changes within the products section?

hajnasiewicz

For the first time we are seeing that there are "suggested categories" in the "Products" section inside Google My Business. Have you seen this in your dashboard yet?

So what? We're obviously curious to see if these impact rankings or general visibility. We have some research coming out soon that goes into whether or not adding products in general impact ranking. But now that Google is offering these pre-selected categories the question becomes a bit more interesting.

image (59).png
I look forward to the findings of your research.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert