More threads by Cagro

Cagro

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a service customer that I setup his GMB account in 2018. In September I saw in my Dashboard that the listing had been suspended due to quality issues. I double-checked everything (no address published, etc) and did not see any quality issues per their guidelines. I appealed and on Sept 17, 2018 they reinstated the listing within 24 hours. Fast forward to February 3, 2019 and they suspend the listing again for the same vague reason. So I opened a new appeal and mentioned the fact that this had already been reinstated it in the past. I got reply stating that reviewed it and it was still not eligible to display on Goole Maps. So I went back in and compared all of their guidelines and the only thing I found was that I was listed as the Primary Owner and my customer was a Manager. I reversed those roles and submitted a new appeal with my explanation of the change I made on February 11. I received an auto reply acknowledging my new appeal and recognized I had already submitted an appeal and to reply to that existing thread with my query for an update. I did so asking if my latest change was not the issue to please provide further information so I could correct it. I heard nothing back and my customer also had not received any emails since the change in ownership. So I submitted a new appeal and got the same email about already opening an appeal. That was back on March 2nd. Not sure what to do about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Cagro,

Can you give us the details of the business? Their website + address used for verification?

Hi Joy, absolutely. The website is https://accutrackdoorrepairbybrian.com The address is his home but is is not entered on GMB dashboard or on his website. Only the service areas he covers. 2509 NE 26th St, Fort Lauderdale FL 33305. I have code on his contact page that embeds a Google Map but that is not connected as I did not do the required credit card for API step when that became a requirement to use Google's APIs. Thanks so much for having a look!

Since it's a service area business, can you confirm he's never set up a second listing previously? Is there more than 1 listing in his dashboard?

I will check. I just tried to log into his account but he changed his password. I should have an answer later today. Thank you so much!

I just logged in as my client on his GoogleMyBusiness dashboard. Only 1 listing appears, the suspended one.

It sounds like something is triggering, causing your problems. We have to find out why:

(1) I'd ask him to be really honest with you about duplicate listings. Upon investigation, this industry looks really spammy. If his phone number was tied to multiple listings it could have flagged the algorithm (which is what it sounds like happened).

(2) His address doesn't exist. I looked it up with the BBB and looked for it on Maps. The pin for the address that shows up on Maps isn't on a house, it's on an intersection.

I hope this provides you with some direction.

I'd suggest you remove all managers off the listing other than the one you're logged in as and then file for reinstatement again. Also, it would help if you put his contractor license on his website. I tried finding him in the Florida contractor license database and couldn't.

It sounds like something is triggering, causing your problems. We have to find out why:

(1) I'd ask him to be really honest with you about duplicate listings. Upon investigation, this industry looks really spammy. If his phone number was tied to multiple listings it could have flagged the algorithm (which is what it sounds like happened).

(2) His address doesn't exist. I looked it up with the BBB and looked for it on Maps. The pin for the address that shows up on Maps isn't on a house, it's on an intersection.

I hope this provides you with some direction.

Hi Craig. Thanks for your feedback. My customer is really naive. Started off with Yellow Pages. I do not believe he knowingly has any other GMB listings but if there are more than 1 how would I go about searching to discover others?

Not sure why you had trouble finding the address with Google Maps. When I search his address is pulls up his house. See attached screen cap.

sc-maps-2509-NE-26-St-Fort-Lauderdale.jpg

I'd suggest you remove all managers off the listing other than the one you're logged in as and then file for reinstatement again. Also, it would help if you put his contractor license on his website. I tried finding him in the Florida contractor license database and couldn't.
Hi Joy. I am the only Manager listed and he is the only Primary Owner listed. This customer works from his home and I do not believe he has a Florida contractor license. If you feel that would make the difference between Google reinstating and not I can recommend he obtain one.

I am reading the input about his address. I know how Google does not permit service businesses from adding their address to their GMB listing, and his is not. However his address IS online on other directories. YP, Facebook, Yelp to name a few. Would those sites have a bearing on not adhering to GMB guidelines?

Hey @Cagro!

When I looked I got the same result, however when I zoomed in that wasn't the correct house. That house is 2600 Middle River Drive.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.15.07 PM.png

I put the information into Melissa Data, and it was telling me the address should be in this location:

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.16.23 PM.png

I'm not 100% this is causing the problem, just wondering if this could be contributing.

Last edited:
Your client should have a contractors license and be registered with the secretary of state. Google may have looked for the legal entity, did not find one and therefore that could be the cause of not being reinstated. I would suggest doing that, adding the license to the website and then approach Twitter support for reinstatement.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom