Suspension - First one in a long time

MonicaH

Nope: we never received a response to the initial request, nor did we receive a notice of the suspension in the first place.

Sadly, it's beginning to be a close call between Google and Yelp as to which is the more high-handed, arbitrary and capricious in the way it treats businesses. 🤬
Tim, that's exactly the issue I'm dealing with right now. It's been over a month since the account was suspended for "quality violations" after I changed the URL to the new domain name (which, in hindsight, may have been a bad idea - although I'm not sure what else I could've done since the old domain is no longer active). We never got an initial confirmation of the appeal and every subsequent attempt to contact Google has returned a canned response saying "reply to the initial confirmation". So we're stuck in a never-ending wait while the client's business loses customers (and the client blames me). And, btw, I used the client's account when making the URL change. At least I take some comfort in knowing I'm not the only one in this situation...

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert
I have asked Google to fix this and start sending out confirmations acknowledging that they have received the reinstatement request.

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert
It won't work, Google will just suspend the listing once you verify it. It would be a wasted effort.

HoosierBuff

I got one Free of suspension today. This company should have been an SAB, but wasn't. When we were suspended, we fixed it immediately.

Initial suspension on June 11th, Appeal filed immediately
July 11th: Google Responded with "you are suspended due to out guidelines"
July 11th: We responded, "yes, we know, we fixed this, a month ago, and said as much in our suspension appeal"
August 1st: Suspension lifted

Around July 24th, I called GMB support, who said they would "send a note" to the suspension team. On Monday I DM's GMB on twitter. I honestly don't think either of those were related to the suspension getting lifted.

I have a client whose listing showed that it needed to be re-verified; it's a service area business. I filled out the address information, the screen indicated it could take up to 5 business days. After I pressed "enter" I didn't see the usual picture of the truck or whatever it is that says a postcard has been sent. When I went back to the listing it said it is suspended. The business is still showing in search results but indicates that it needs to be claimed.

I have a ticket number in an email that says it will take 2-3 weeks to resolve,
[9-1264000027171]

Grrrr.

Should I attempt to re-claim the listing?

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert
I have a client whose listing showed that it needed to be re-verified; it's a service area business. I filled out the address information, the screen indicated it could take up to 5 business days. After I pressed "enter" I didn't see the usual picture of the truck or whatever it is that says a postcard has been sent. When I went back to the listing it said it is suspended. The business is still showing in search results but indicates that it needs to be claimed.

[9-1264000027171]

Grrrr.

The listing is suspended and you will have to wait for support to address it. Asking for a pin postcard will continue the loop of suspending the listing again when you add the PIN number.

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert

[9-1264000027171]

Grrrr.

When did you file the reinstatement request and when did you get the email confirmation?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: a promoted post by a Sterling Sky employee reviewing your product or service; this will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More information...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group