More threads by Monica Simpson

Reaction score
Good morning! My client is a chiropractor who specializes in sciatica. He is branching out into telemedicine because there is a type of sciatica that can be treated at home. His telemed business is called Sciaticoach. Here's the website:

Sciaticoach

There is no address, no number. Business is solely online. Is this GMB-able, we just hide the practitioner's home address and number? I did not find any other telemed businesses that had GMB knowledge banks but this is my first listing of the kind.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance!

@iwritewebcopy, no, that telemed business is not eligible for GMB.

Now, just between you, me, and the lamppost, Google is unlikely to pull the listing. For reasons good and bad.

It's a slippery slope between that situation and that of, say, a marketing/SEO consultant who has a GMB page. (The distinctions are minor, to the extent there are distinctions.)

Still, I'd just focus on organic visibility. Not sure there's much of a local-pack opportunity for a telemed business anyway, given that people who care about where your client is located probably would rather see him in-person.

I would tell the client that it is against guidelines so if it ever gets reported, it would get removed. If he still wants to create it, I would advise you have him do it in his own account. I have a rule against creating listings that aren't allowed because I don't really want to out my account (and other clients) at risk.

Good morning! My client is a chiropractor who specializes in sciatica. He is branching out into telemedicine because there is a type of sciatica that can be treated at home. His telemed business is called Sciaticoach. Here's the website:

Sciaticoach

There is no address, no number. Business is solely online. Is this GMB-able, we just hide the practitioner's home address and number? I did not find any other telemed businesses that had GMB knowledge banks but this is my first listing of the kind.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance!

I would skip GMB. It's not going to help a national SEO campaign. Also, if you ever want to take the listing down, say if you get some negative reviews, it will be very difficult to do. GMB is loathe to remove a listing for any reason.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom