More threads by MattF

MattF

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a gym which is under government shutdown Due to Covid-19. I received an email from Google saying my GMB listing has been temporarily closed which I understand is the norm at the moment. Upon receiving this email from Google my local GMB rankings also slipped a lot. I read on Search Engine Land that Google isn’t demoting local rankings due to these automated temporary closures however I have definitely seen this to not be the case as mentioned above.
the business listing is Plus Fitness Morayfield. If I can get some help here would be great.

I have not seen any cases where rankings have dropped because of Google marking a listing as temporarily closed. Google initially demoted rankings for temporarily closed business and reversed that decision. Google has had some significant algorithms impacting rankings the past 2 months. Brightlocal just noted s big shake up last Friday April 24th. When did your rankings drop?

I received an email from GMB support confirming my business had been temporarily closed. The same day my visibility dropped around 7 places. Seems strange this happened the same day I received Google's email.

That is the same day that Google have a major algorithmic update in the maps according to Brightlocal. This update was for two full days.

Please check out and follow this thread as other users have been discussing several major drops this month.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom