More threads by Priya Chandra

Reaction score
Here is an interesting article from Search Engine Land regarding the 'True Local Web'.

Local marketing: What is the true local web?

The true local web is composed of websites that are published by actual local organizations, as opposed to websites that are created by national publishers that don?t have a real local presence. In other words, these are websites published by entities with actual addresses in the city you?re trying to market to.

The true local web includes not just local retail or service businesses within a given city, but other organizations, as well. It includes the nonprofits. The arts. The news publishers, bloggers and events native to a location.

Above is just a snippet, so head over to read the rest.

I'm still digesting the article but I'd be interested in thoughts from others on the forum!

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

I may have to bookmark this as something to show our local search clients. So often a client will want to know what they can do to help improve their rankings and this is a great guide for them without getting too technical. Thanks for sharing, Priya!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom