"Their website mentions" in the map pack 🤔 - any idea how to get this to fire 🔥?

Bryan Bloom

There are many categories not listed in the dropdown choices for Google. But they may be related like "bicycle accident attorney". which is related to "personal injury attorney".

It looks like what Google is doing is trying to relate who they should add to the map pack for this. Generally, you will see "Their website mentions ...." See image. But, where on the website is it mentioned, and how. Does anyone have any guidance on this at all, seen any blogs on this, etc?

My unscientific experiment was it needed to be in the site menu somehow, but now I am not sure... Any help is appreciated.

I believe it "may" come from schema, but definitely not convinced.

2020-04-26_16-38-35.png

When you click in you see stuff like this:

2020-04-26_17-17-44.png

and this

1587946727720.png

Bryan Bloom

The best way to manipulate this is through internal links. If Google isn't picking up on it, try adding an internal link on the page you're linking the GMB listing to that links to the page that you're trying to populate there.
Thanks @JoyHawkins I would never had even thought of that... Not sure I fully understand 100%.

The GMB listing always links to the home page of the website, so you are saying put a link on the home page, that links to the page we want "their website also mentions Xyz"?

I checked some samples and don't typically see that, but I do see the link in the menu.... Just want to make sure I understand what you are suggesting, and thanks!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert