More threads by Lachlan_Wells

Lachlan_Wells

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the 'See what's in store' feature if you've used it. It's available for retailers and you submit your store inventory via Merchant Center to enable it.

I want to recommend this to a local client, but my concern is we'll eventually regret handing over so much of our sales funnel to Google. Unlike our website, we can't control the design to give customers the best user experience (only what Google thinks is 'the best'), we also can't track anything to see how our products convert or identify and fix technical issues.

If GMB needs to generate more revenue, as spam and content moderation become more expensive, then charging for analytics would be an easy place to start, and that could increase overheads for all of us.

What do you think? Will you be taking advantage of this feature or trying to hold out?

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 1.24.25 pm.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom