Title Tags for local SEO

Darrell

Hi all. I am just getting started in local SEO. What is the best way to create title tags? Should the location be in the title tag? If s where should it be? Also should I add it if there is no search volume for key words with the location?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Hey Darrell,

I'll pull in a few of the tips I have in my training on this:

1. Keep the name of the city and the main keyword close together and close to the beginning of the title tag.
  2. Use a word or two that will make people see why you’re different. For example, this car dealer’s advantage is how many cars they have in stock.
  3. Look at your reviews and your competitor’s reviews to see what words or things customers actually care about. This will help you craft a good title tag. For example, if you’re a dentist, reviews might mention things like:
    1. Getting an appointment the same day;
    2. Clean & comfortable office;
    3. Helps manage pain.
  4. Look at PPC ads. Any ad that maintains a high position generally has to have a good click-through-rate. SEM professionals a great deal of time analyzing and testing these so you can steal lots of great ideas from them.

Darrell

Hey Darrell,

I'll pull in a few of the tips I have in my training on this:

1. Keep the name of the city and the main keyword close together and close to the beginning of the title tag.
  2. Use a word or two that will make people see why you’re different. For example, this car dealer’s advantage is how many cars they have in stock.
  3. Look at your reviews and your competitor’s reviews to see what words or things customers actually care about. This will help you craft a good title tag. For example, if you’re a dentist, reviews might mention things like:
    1. Getting an appointment the same day;
    2. Clean & comfortable office;
    3. Helps manage pain.
  4. Look at PPC ads. Any ad that maintains a high position generally has to have a good click-through-rate. SEM professionals a great deal of time analyzing and testing these so you can steal lots of great ideas from them.
Great tips. Thanks.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group