More threads by Darrell

Darrell

Reaction score
Hi all. I am just getting started in local SEO. What is the best way to create title tags? Should the location be in the title tag? If s where should it be? Also should I add it if there is no search volume for key words with the location?

Hey Darrell,

I'll pull in a few of the tips I have in my training on this:

1. Keep the name of the city and the main keyword close together and close to the beginning of the title tag.
    How-to-Write-a-Good-Title-Tag-5.png
  2. Use a word or two that will make people see why you’re different. For example, this car dealer’s advantage is how many cars they have in stock.
    How-to-Write-a-Good-Title-Tag-6.png
  3. Look at your reviews and your competitor’s reviews to see what words or things customers actually care about. This will help you craft a good title tag. For example, if you’re a dentist, reviews might mention things like:
    1. Getting an appointment the same day;
    2. Clean & comfortable office;
    3. Helps manage pain.
  4. Look at PPC ads. Any ad that maintains a high position generally has to have a good click-through-rate. SEM professionals a great deal of time analyzing and testing these so you can steal lots of great ideas from them.
How-to-Write-a-Good-Title-Tag-7.png

Hey Darrell,

I'll pull in a few of the tips I have in my training on this:

1. Keep the name of the city and the main keyword close together and close to the beginning of the title tag.
    How-to-Write-a-Good-Title-Tag-5.png
  2. Use a word or two that will make people see why you’re different. For example, this car dealer’s advantage is how many cars they have in stock.
    How-to-Write-a-Good-Title-Tag-6.png
  3. Look at your reviews and your competitor’s reviews to see what words or things customers actually care about. This will help you craft a good title tag. For example, if you’re a dentist, reviews might mention things like:
    1. Getting an appointment the same day;
    2. Clean & comfortable office;
    3. Helps manage pain.
  4. Look at PPC ads. Any ad that maintains a high position generally has to have a good click-through-rate. SEM professionals a great deal of time analyzing and testing these so you can steal lots of great ideas from them.
How-to-Write-a-Good-Title-Tag-7.png
Great tips. Thanks.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom