"Trending this week" icon

Roald

Forum Member
Just noticed a new "trending this week" icon in a GMB listing. Has anyone seen it before? I can't reproduce it anymore.

gmb-trending-this-week-png.3186

Roald

Forum Member
No, it is no event. The literal translation of "Deze week trending" is "Trending this week".

Roald

Forum Member
You might expect a listing that is "trending" should (temporarily) rise up in ranking. As for the query that returned my "trending this week"icon, the #1 slot is still taken by the same restaurant, even without that icon.

camilllg

Forum Member
Hi there, I thought I’d share my 2 cents on this: I tried to replicate it on mobile and my approach was to think of a place that always has a gigantic queue during lunch time hours (It’s lunch time over here in Perth) and the place I had in mind shows with the trending icon. The restaurant doesn’t appear in the first 3 local results, it ranks #6 for the query I typed (“Ramen Perth CBD’) which is after ‘more places’ and ‘after the ‘discover more places’ carousel.

Random observations: I couldn’t replicate this on desktop, the trending icon also appears in the About tab under ‘highlights’ and indeed under the ’popular times’ 12 to 1pm is peak time.
Bon appetit!

ramen-perth-cbd-1-png.3198
ramen-perth-cbd-2-png.3199

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group