More threads by Roald

Roald

Reaction score
Just noticed a new "trending this week" icon in a GMB listing. Has anyone seen it before? I can't reproduce it anymore.

gmb-trending-this-week.png

I have not seen it yet... Is Deze Week and event at this business?

No, it is no event. The literal translation of "Deze week trending" is "Trending this week".

Hey @Roald . Evan Oder saw this back in June. That was the first time I'd ever seen it. Here is a screenshot of what he shared over at the G+ community.
Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 1.45.22 PM.png

You might expect a listing that is "trending" should (temporarily) rise up in ranking. As for the query that returned my "trending this week"icon, the #1 slot is still taken by the same restaurant, even without that icon.

Hi there, I thought I’d share my 2 cents on this: I tried to replicate it on mobile and my approach was to think of a place that always has a gigantic queue during lunch time hours (It’s lunch time over here in Perth) and the place I had in mind shows with the trending icon. The restaurant doesn’t appear in the first 3 local results, it ranks #6 for the query I typed (“Ramen Perth CBD’) which is after ‘more places’ and ‘after the ‘discover more places’ carousel.

Random observations: I couldn’t replicate this on desktop, the trending icon also appears in the About tab under ‘highlights’ and indeed under the ’popular times’ 12 to 1pm is peak time.
Bon appetit!

Ramen Perth CBD 1.PNG
Ramen Perth CBD 2.PNG

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom