More threads by MrCoffee

MrCoffee

Reaction score
Hi all, I have regularly uploaded photos to my business listing with no issues until recently. Instead of uploading photos via the GMB app, I have always uploaded them from the Google maps app on mobile (Android). I do this because I am able to add a caption to the image. This caption then always appears within the photos in my gallery on my business listing.
Recently I uploaded 3 photos via Google Maps app and although they appear within my personal GMB app that I can view myself, they are not available for the public to view. The strange thing is that they are getting a registered number of views but just not showing up in my public gallery.
Now here's a weird one, if I go to my business listing using the "view on search" option in my GMB dashboard and the scroll down to "View previous updates on Google"
I can see 2 of the 3 photos posted. I reached out to Google to no avail. I have about 15 photos I'd like to post but am unsure if they will appear.

Second issue, and not so major, I have a SAB listing and if I view my listing via the Android Google maps app, instead of "Services" I see "Menu" as if I'm running a restaurant? I just thought this was sort of odd as Menu does not show up anywhere else other than maps.

The first thing you're describing is a long-standing bug. If you contact GMB support they might be able to process the photos for you to get them to appear live in the photos section.

For the second one, I noticed this yesterday as well and have asked Google about it. I'm assuming it's also un-intended.

There is a lot broken with GMB at the moment.

Thank you Joy, it's good to know I'm not alone with this issue. The menu issue is not such a huge deal but not being able to showcase recent work is negatively effecting my business.
I have reached out to the GMB team via twitter and facebook and both times I was told the photos would be pushed through within 48 hours. Well that was over 4 days ago so I guess I'll try to reach out to them again.
Thanks again Joy!

Google got back to me on the menu thing as well and it's something they're aware of so it should fix itself over time. For now, I'd just ignore it.

Still nothing from Google. Are they against owners uploading images to their own profiles via Google maps now?

No, it's just a technical issue and its existed for a long time so I have no idea when they will fix it.

If your photos don't show you can ask GMB support to manually process them. If that doesn't work, there is no way to get them added.

I noticed that I couldn’t label the pictures I was uploading through Google My Business website. I didn’t know that you can label pictures if uploaded through a different app.

Can anyone tell me which is the best method to upload pictures? The iPhone GMB app? The iPhone Google Maps app?

Also, is it wrong for me to upload a picture of a completed job when I’m going to use that same picture in a “What’s new” GMB post?

Youll have to reach out to support and have them push through. Problem is if you added to multiple locations I dont know what the work around is. Its been an on going problem for us and very frustrating

I noticed that I couldn’t label the pictures I was uploading through Google My Business website. I didn’t know that you can label pictures if uploaded through a different app.

Can anyone tell me which is the best method to upload pictures? The iPhone GMB app? The iPhone Google Maps app?

Also, is it wrong for me to upload a picture of a completed job when I’m going to use that same picture in a “What’s new” GMB post?

I believe you can add captions if go into the Google Maps app.

I always upload photos via my computer because it's easier. I'm not sure if there is a "better" method.

Photos you add to the listing automatically show up it the Google Posts tab so unless you're going to be adding tons of descriptive text about the photo, I'd say you don't need to add a post about it.

I believe you can add captions if go into the Google Maps app.

I always upload photos via my computer because it's easier. I'm not sure if there is a "better" method.

Photos you add to the listing automatically show up it the Google Posts tab so unless you're going to be adding tons of descriptive text about the photo, I'd say you don't need to add a post about it.
I noticed that I get repeats when I both add a photo and make a post about it. The only reason I made the post is because there was no place to add a little description. But if I can go into the mobile app to do it, then I will do it that way. It's just a pain having to do it in two ways (computer, then mobile app).

Joy, I looked all over the GMB iPhone app and I can't find anywhere to add captions to pictures. Can you please tell me where it can be done?

It's in the Google Maps app on photos you have added to the listing.

Screenshot_20200208_194125_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

I do not have the "Add a caption" option. Maybe the iPhone app has less features?

It does say that I manage the profile so I am logged in properly.

It might be just on the Google Maps app for Android then.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom