More threads by Jo Shaer

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I had a call today from web.com - previously Scoot and Touch Local who now also manage listings on The Independent, The Sun and the Daily Mirror.

Apparently we now have to pay to get our URL listed on all of these sites.

Is it worth the £99 set up fee and £24.99/month retainer? They will create listings for you (and do all the verifications) on hundreds of other sites - including Facebook, GMB, Bing - and allow you to manage these from a central dashboard. However, if you stop paying, they will remove access to the dashboard and remove all the URLs on the listings they have created for you.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone else used this service - is it any good?
2. Isn't it against Google's TOS to pay for backlinks to your website?
3. Has anyone used this service for the set up and then cancelled? Do you retain access to the individual listings? I am told that you do - so you could go back into each one and change the pw so they can't remove the URL. Not sure that saves you any time/money to getting the job done by Bright Local.
4. At the end of the day, is it worth £24.99/month to have links from Scoot, Touch Local, The Independent, The Sun and the Daily Mirror?

I'll see if Tim Capper knows anything.

Okay these are Tim's words, not mine. "Not worth it at all. Plenty of other directories and other aggregators like cylex".

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom